Recently I purchased Panzer Tracts 9-2 about the Jagdpanzer IV. I actually ordered 9-3 about the Jagdpanther, but any Panzer Tracts is a good read. I especially enjoyed the part naming controversy that might have screwed over the Jagdpanzer IV. Anyway,*I noticed some discrepancies between the Jagdpanzer IV’s real life stats compared to the WoT version, nothing major but would be worth implementing. The gun depression in WoT for the Jagdpanzer is at -5 degrees for all gun choices. In real life the L/48 armed Jagdpanzer IV was capable of -8 degrees of depression. The L/70 version was also capable of -6 degrees. The horizontal traverse is also nerfed compared to real life. In WoT the Jagdpanzer IV can traverse its gun 10 degrees in either direction. This should be improved to 12 degrees in either direction. These are not huge game-altering changes, but they are buffs none-the-less. The unhistorical 8.8 cm PaK 36 L/56 mounted on the Jagdpanzer may need the -5 depression & 10 degree horizontal movement, but I am not sure as that is theoretical. Same goes for the 10.5 cm L/28 gun. The top speed of the Jagdpanzer IV could also be improved to 40 km/h which was only achieved by the early models with the L/48 gun. Other early Jagdpanzer IV models(first 300) also had a 60 mm glacis plate, instead of 80 mm, which might also account for this speed. A hypothetical buff to a Jagdpanzer IV with hull upgrades could be armed with an 8.8 cm L/71 gun. Spielberger and Jentz both have versions of an 8.8 cm L/71 armed Jagdpanzer which could be introduced with hull upgrades. Speilberger’s version, which is found in his Panzer IV & Variants, featured a Jagdpanther mit 12.8 cm(aka Jagdpanther II) superstructure. The version found in Panzer Tracts 20-1 has a more conventional look to it. Anyone of these two versions are plausible with upcoming hull upgrades. Sources: See books mentioned in the article. *

More...