Hello everyone, just a short thought: most of you have probably seen this weekend’s EU event. It’s a nice event overall, but it carries one small problem: Mission 2: Lucky 7’s Objective: - Win 7 Battles - Survive 7 Battles - Destroy 7 Tanks I am sure you see where this is going. When there is a mission with the specific objective to SURVIVE, it encourages two things: campers and AFK’rs. Today, I was playing my medium tank as usual and noticed an unusual number of AFK’rs. Maybe it was my bad luck, but it seemed like there are more than usual. At one point, me and my 3 teammates found ourselves at Redshire, with an enemy KV-1S capping our base. I wrote “Let’s kill him, he can’t get all of us” and went in first. Needless to say, he oneshotted me (my health was down), but NOONE else moved. Obviously, if they moved, they could have gotten him before he reloaded. Now, you might think it was just a bunch of random retards, but when asked why didn’t they move, one of them answered “Gotta survive for the mission”. I believe this behavior is something that should be either discouraged or punished outright, but definitely not supported by a mission. Therefore I think there no longer should be any “survival” objective missions. Campers, AFKers and cowards shouldn’t be encouraged and they sure as hell shouldn’t be given further incentives to continue or justify their behavior.

More...