Source: http://world-of-kwg.livejournal.com/241998.html Autor: Torsus_sd (RU) Hello everyone, just a translation of an interesting post from the developer blog (the author, however, is a regular RU server player, not a developer). The translation is not perfect (what the hell means “ponarkomanil” – the best equivalent I could find is “fixed”) Torsus: I don’t like to write on the Livejournal blog too much, but seeing Storm’s AA gun on the E-100 chassis, I couldn’t help but bite, because I like German both the wunderwaffen and the E-100 too. Storm screwed the scale somewhat, cleaned the photo of perspective (scale) points, brought it to scale, cleaned (cut) the rims of the picture and voila! I think that Hitler turned in his grave Then I fixed it a bit more and tried to display the gun mount as it would be on a tank gun. The result turned out to be… addictive. Immediately remembered the “Kondensator” And as an addition: Waffentrager E-100/150 concept (from the same author) Waffentrager E-100/128 Silentstalker: Well, those look certainly better than the official WG version. And how did these guns look in real life? Yes, they existed. 150mm AA guns were a part of an experimental program. There were several, designated Gerät 50 to Gerät 65 (if you notice an F version named somewhere – Gerät 65F for example, it is a version designed specifically for fortifications with an in-built ammo feed from the fortress’ armory). They looked like this: Gerät 50 (“Device 50″ was an experimental AA gun by Krupp Essen AG, the development started in 1936 and was ended in 1940) had following characteristics: Caliber 149,1mm Barrel lenght 7753mm (L/52) Traverse 360 deg. Elevation range -1,3 to +90 deg Rate of fire 10 rpm Weight (ready to fire) 22 200 kg Muzzle velocity: 40 kg HE – 890 m/s There were AP shells too developed for this kind of weapon. Pretty cool stuff, but it was never designed to be mounted on a vehicle. I do believe the Flak 45 would be even cooler.

More...