Status Report: 0.9.14: Test 2 vs. Test 1 & 9.14 vs. 9.13
the second phase of the 9.14 Test Server is*running, you are now free to roam and experiment the new physics and sounds. :)
Changes in Version 0.9.14 Common Test 2 vs. Version 0.9.14 Common Test 1
- Fixed the issue with an error message that could appear upon minimising the game client.
- Fixed the crash of the game client upon loading a map or Battle Training.
- Fixed an issue with a disproportionate rectangular shadow displayed under the vehicle.
- Missions in the Manoeuvres section will be available for players who registered in the game after the release of version 0.9.10 and who have completed the “Further Research” mission in Recruit Training. Previously, these missions were available for those players who had fought fewer than 50 battles before version 0.9.10 was released.
- Fixed some minor issues with the interface.
- Fixed an issue with repeated sound of track repairs completion for nearby vehicles.
- Fixed an issue with disruption of the sound of falling coins when purchasing an item with credits or gold.
- Fixed an issue with the abrupt stopping of music upon closing the Battle Results screen.
- Fixed the issues with duplicate playback of music in the battle loading screen.
- Fixed the delay of voice notification playback upon hitting an enemy vehicle.
- Fixed an issue with certain missing sounds of engines, shots, vehicle destruction by ammo rack detonations, as well as missing voice notifications.
- Increased the volume of engine and track sounds. Balanced the volume of main sounds and decreased the overall noise.
- Improved the sound indicating the direction from which a shot was fired.
- Distinguished the sound of destruction of player’s vehicles from the general combat ambiance.
- Remade the sound played upon triggering Sixth Sense.
Improved Vehicle Movement Physics:
- Fixed some general technical issues.
- Fixed the issue for SPGs where the reticle did not follow the camera in Artillery Aim.
- Adjusted the damage the vehicle receives from hitting the ground when falling from a hill.
- Decreased the jitter of camera in Sniper Mode when driving on irregular terrain.
- Improved vehicle responsiveness to control buttons.
- Fixed the issue with incorrectly rotated Emblems on the sides of the E 25.
- Fixed the issue with incorrect number of suspension wheels for the 105 leFH18B2 SPG.
- Improved the hull armour of the MS-1.
- Added the missing tooltip for Czechoslovakian nation in the Tech Tree screen.
Changes in Version 0.9.14 vs. Version 0.9.13
Improved Vehicle Movement Physics
- Introduced a new server model for vehicle movement, as well as for collisions of vehicles with various surfaces, objects, and other vehicles.
- Added new visual effects for vehicle movement and traverse (skidding, sliding).
- Implemented the mechanics for turning vehicles over.
- Added new types of manoeuvres, as well as modifications to vehicle control and behaviour.
- Reworked the behaviorof vehicles when ramming or colliding with other vehicles.
- Replaced the current FMOD sound engine with Audiokinetic*Wwise. This allows it to process sounds on a separate core,*which improves the performance of multi-core hardware systems practically on all configurations.
- Reworked the sounds of the basic subsystems:*
- The sounds of gun shots, both inside and outside of vehicle turrets. However, the current system of calibres has been kept.
- The sounds of loading guns. The sound corresponds to a particular calibre as well as depending on the type of loading system: i.e. manual or automatic (magazine loading systems).
- The sound of shell penetration. Now, players can not only identify the calibre of the penetrating shell (or penetration type), but also identify how much damage such penetrations caused to their vehicles.
- Reworked the sounds of tracers.
- Reworked the sounds of vehicle destruction.
- Fully reworked the sound of vehicle engines.
- Fully reworked the sounds of tracks, transmissions; the sounds of interaction with various types of surfaces.
- Reworked and re-implemented the special sound upon causing a critical hit. It presents a sound notification about causing critical damage to enemy vehicles.
- Implemented the sound for the Sixth Sense “bulb”.
- Implemented the sound notifications about damaged modules (observation devices, turrets, fuel tanks, radios, ammo racks*etc).
- Implemented the sounds for basic consumables (First Aid Kits, Repair Kits, Fire Extinguishers).
- Implemented the sound presets for playing with different sound systems and at different time of day.
- Added the list of goal-setting missions (manoeuvres) to the Recruit Training tab (for players in Tier IV-V vehicles).
- Reduced the number of modules for low-tier vehicles (to facilitate the research process).
- Improved the system of filters and tooltips for storing and activating Personal Reserves.
- Clan profile:
- Added a clan search option to the Stronghold tab.
- Improved the visual component.
- Improved the display settings for loading screens. Now players can select the following settings:
- Old style of loading screen—teams are displayed in one table.
- loading screen with the minimap.
- loading screen with tips.
- Added Belarusian, Ukrainian and Kazakh localisations.
- Rampage mode: Added a short name of a player’s vehicle with the vehicle type icon to the list of teams (TAB screen). The information about the player’s currently selected vehicle is displayed in the list of teams (TAB screen) until this player respawns in another vehicle. When all player’s vehicles are destroyed in a battle with a limited number of respawns, the information about the last destroyed vehicle is displayed.
- Added the display of the following characteristics on the minimap:
- Current view range of a vehicle.
- Maximum view range.
- Vehicle draw range.
- Added the following vehicles for testing by Supertest players:
- Kirovets-1, Tier VIII U.S.S.R. heavy tank
- T25 Pilot Number 1, Tier VIII U.S. medium tank
- Bat.-Châtillon 25 t AP, Tier IX French medium tank
- leKpz M 41 90 mm, Tier VII German light tank
- Sentinel AC IE2/IV, Tier VI U.K. medium tank
- Grille 15, Tier X German tank destroyer
- Reworked 24 vehicles for HD quality:
- Improved the visual models of the following vehicles: *SU-100, IS, M4 Sherman, Centurion Mk. 7/1
- Improved the collision models of the following vehicles: T29, T30, T34
- Added the Improved Ventilation equipment for the T28 Prototype.
- Changed the crew configuration of the T95E2 to make it compliant with the M48A1 Patton’s crew configuration.
- Fixed some issues with the visual models of some vehicles.
- Added the Ravaged Capital map to Rampage mode.
- Reworked the Sacred Valley map.
- Fixed some functionality and customisation issues.
- Improved the interfaces and added conditions for applying customisation elements to vehicles (completion of Personal Missions).
- Implemented the ability to disable voice chat (by pressing Alt+Q). Added the ability to change the key combinations in the settings.
- Improved the interface of the cart when purchasing customisation elements.
- Implemented the ability to view customisation elements grouped by type (camouflage, emblems, inscriptions) in the Confirm Purchase window.
- Implemented the ability to exchange currency (gold/credits) in the Confirm Purchase window.
- Fixed the issue of bad links for ASIA and KR localisations in the miniclient.
- Improved camera performance when zooming to objects.