Source: http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/17/g...joystick-2013/ Yes, it’s that time of the year again, the Golden Dildo Joystick is coming. Of course, a lot has happened since the last GJ award, so – the real question is: does WG deserve to win this year? My point of view (as an European player) is: no. Not this time. Despite what WG EU might (and will) offer for victory, it’s not worth it. Within last few months, the game itself improved a lot and the developers in Russia did a great job in some things. I appreciate that. The game runs smoother, looks prettier and has many more vehicles than it did a year ago. The reason for me not supporting the GJ nomination of WoT is something else: the WG EU community. I can’t and won’t consider the POV of RU/US server, but in my opinion, with notable exceptions (Challenger, for example), WG EU community staff is - underinformed (the decisions from RU server come late to the point of some WG EU employees reading FTR to find out what’s going on – yes, that was confirmed to me) - has absolutely zero authority in decisions (they warned RU what would happen with the Stalin thing, noone gave a fuck) - way too busy with RL events (this is just my personal opinion, but there are way too many, some WG employees are on the road 24/7, this is however not just WG EU issue) - some employees are blatantly incompetent (Quasar comes to mind, there were several cases where his answers on the “official” QA thread were wrong and not in accordance with Russian info, another case are the English-Czech translations, that are beyond terrible) - PR nightmare: at some points I was actually wondering whether some of the PR reactions (Stalin, 83mm HE affair etc) were employees trolling, because noone can be THIS terrible, right? Furthermore, there were poor decisions all across the board (again, the Stalin affair, or – as many people might remember – the double standards between EU and RU supertesters, or the 83mm HE affair). And then there’s the Russian trolling (SerB’s anti-Polish comments, general trolling etc.) These are the reason why I not only won’t be voting for WOT, I will be voting against it. Of course, you all are free to choose otherwise, that’s up to you.

More...