Hello everyone, yesterday, I wrote that (unlike last year) I wouldn’t be voting for the Golden Joystick for WoT in the Online Game category. A while after that post was made, the EU annoucement came. Last year, WG – when asking for the award – offered an… incentive. Some might call it bribe. At that time I defended that policy, but I think we all deep inside had the feeling of “something off”. Yea, it was a bribe and we took it. Anyway, apparently this year WG decided to do it “clean”, without any “incentives” in case of victory. Or rather – to be honest: if WoT wins, there will be some rewards, but they are not announced ahead, either because WG doesn’t care that much the way they did last year, or simply to avoid the whole “you won by bribing” business. If you check the EU thread, you can see the forum community response: it’s overwhelmingly negative. This is sort of understandeable: while the game is (apart from the patch 8.8 bugs) very good, there has been way too much crap on forums lately. Or rather, let me rephrase that: for me, World of Tanks is a great game worth playing – as in, it is a product worth purchasing. You buy gold, you get stuff in return. That’s alright, I would not cry out “boycott WoT” or any stuff like that. I do like the play (if they fix the goddamn 8.8 bugs) and I will continue playing. But is it good enough to warrant a vote for it? Because voting in a contest (at least for me) needs something more than a good product I’d buy. For me, and that’s my personal opinion only, it requires something I would proudly stand for. Is WoT such a thing? No. Not for me – and I don’t have to repeat the reasons I think. There is something that really surprised me though: the Russian reaction. I think we all expected the Russians to rally behind WoT and vote it thru, but it seems that the Russian reaction too is very negative. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a low rep on a RU community post. And the reasons for it? I will translate some of the Russian reactions with many positive votes, so you can make a picture: - “And will there be free stuff?” (SS: as in, “what will get for it”) - “In the end, the winner will be the one who collects most fake votes. Enjoy” - “Eh, maybe you should have with some of the 0.8.8 ‘rebalances’ till the voting was over :)” - “Give everyone 3 days of free premium account and scrubbies (noobs) will win it for you with all their accounts” - “I don’t really want to do that. PS: I am an arty player” - “Ah. The game is very different from what it was a year ago. And by far not all the changes were good.” - “For the arty, for T-50 and T-50-2 – no!” and others. Of course, it depends on the campaign itself, but right now, it doesn’t look too well for Wargaming.

More...