Hello everyone, just a quick update, because this might actually interest a few folks. Yesterday, Wargaming EU introduced their charity drive (well, sort of). That was like in the morning. The charity mentioned in the article was the War Child, a respectable charity helping (as the name suggests) war children. In the night, the text was unexpectedly changed however (picture not mine, took it from the english thread): The name of the charity was removed and some folks started crying foul play – well, that is until Challenger (EU server’s military expert) stepped in and explained the whole situation: in short, due to some legal matters, the charity name had to be removed (possibly temporarily). So, no worries, the whole deal still stands, the money will still go to the charity. Personally, I will not be “donating” this way however. First, if I wanted to donate the full amount to War Child, I could do so without paying for a bundle I don’t need (and so can you) – but, to be blunt, I just don’t believe in pouring money into Africa (and as you can see on the webpage, that’s where the charity money goes) when there is enough suffering around us here in Europe (one can donate to centers for homeless, or shelters for animals for example, the latter being my choice for donating). Of course, that’s not an option for Wargaming (because they can’t “favor” one nation over another, they have to select some supranational charity organization – plus, I do believe only “certified” charities’ donations are tax-deductable in Britain where the tax seat of WG is IIRC), but I can’t help but wonder: why not war veterans? Anyway guys, as I wrote, it’s not a fail really, only WG adhering to legal rules.

More...