Ads displayed for guests and not donating members only. Get ad-free by donating. If you have already donated, please read here.

Thread: replay packets

replay packets

So, a little additional info on the packets that I found;

packet ID is an unsigned int, not a byte, and a packet starts with the packet ID; Jan's parser works by virtue of being "off by one" throughout, so it's not a big deal yet, but... yeah.

A few packet types:

0x17
    - properties: clock, message

message contains "sniper", "arcade" or "post-mortem"; i.e. the packet indicates that the player who recorded the replay just changed their view to the specified one.

There's also a lot of subtypes under 0x08 - as far as I can tell

0x08 -> 0x02 and 0x04: track physics; seems related to the depression/raising of the suspension

0x08 -> 0x1d: comes with a variety of payloads embedded in a Python pickle (look for 0x80 0x02); has an additional embedded type and subtype as well indicating what's what. An example being the 'tank destroyed' packet, comes as victim, killer, and a death reason.

Will come out with a full(er) description later on

Quote Originally Posted by Scrambled View Post
    So, a little additional info on the packets that I found;
    Jan's parser works by virtue of being "off by one" throughout, so it's not a big deal yet, but... yeah.
    Makes sense, pretty sure there are very few (or even none) byte sized identifiers. In earlier versions I had a similar issue with the secondary packet size indicators. It's just a (bad?) habit of picking the smallest identifiable element to differentiate the packets.