Ads displayed for guests and not donating members only. Get ad-free by donating. If you have already donated, please read here.

Thread: How to compare base experience across tanks?

Supporter

How to compare base experience across tanks?

When looking at the list of one's own tanks in the vBaddict web interface (left-side menu -> [Username] -> Tanks) the 'Avg XP' shown is not base XP. It includes premium time experience. I do not know for sure if it includes daily double experience or Personal Reserves experience, but I suspect it does. It looks like this value is taken directly from the wargaming.net API.

It's a marginally amusing value for historical interest, but as a basis of comparison it's almost useless.

For instance, My Pz IVH was played almost entirely without a premium account. The 60-day average base XP there is 275:
    http://www.vbaddict.net/progress/red..._iv_ausf__h-71

My VK 30.01(P) was played almost entirely with a premium account. The 60-day average base XP there is 254:
    http://www.vbaddict.net/progress/red...k_30_01__p_-28

However, the Tanks page:
    http://www.vbaddict.net/tanks/red_ch...cc764a323eb76d
    Reports the VK 30.01(P) as having an average XP of 378, and the Pz. IV H with an average XP of 272. So at a glance it looks like I'm scoring *far* better in the VK 30.01 (P), but looking farther into the statistics the opposite is plainly true.

The Quick Summary page lists the base XP. This is good.

Is there a way to list tanks ranked by base XP? I've not found it in my personal tank statistics page. It would be a more useful figure because it's more consistently reflective of performance rather than the statistical noise introduced by x5 weekends, premium accounts, personal reserves, etc.

I would like to have this feature available, but I wanted to ask about it first in case I'm missing something.

Tell me if I should open a feature request.

That has been questioned already some times. The answer is short and the stuff behind it not changeable.

The XP which is provided by the dossier and used for the tank display, contains only the experience with all premium and bonus stuff. WG implemented it that way and there is no way to calculate it without that stuff as it is not part of the data. The dossier contains only a snapshot of the current data, no history.
    Other pages like Quick Summary are gathering their information from the Battle Results, which contains the base/raw xp and all that bonuses.

Supporter
    That's what I figured. I was hoping that it would be possible to provide an approximation of historic average base XP, based on the data collected by ADU over time. I know it would not be perfectly accurate since it would not include games watched by ADU, but it might very well be better than what we currently have.

Supporter
    Really, my point is that the Progress page *does* already list a Base Experience value - I was hoping there was a way to generate a table ranking that. The data is already there, I just want it in a table form without having to copy the data by hand into another program to make a comparison list.

There cannot be an "approximation" as the data differs too much. It's more like a reading that value out from the coffee grounds of my morning coffee.