Ads displayed for guests and not donating members only. Get ad-free by donating. If you have already donated, please read here.

Thread: ad blocker

ad blocker

Well I liked this site until it started bitching about my ad blocker. So I will solve this issue by not coming the site anymore!

Well I have to pay the server. The required funds are collected via donations and ads. If you don't like ads you have the possibility to donate a small amount.

See also:
    http://www.vbaddict.net/content/160-...n-for-donators

Everyone who uses Adblock or Ghostery, get deliverd Standard Ads. These are not good for a high clicktrough.

Oder auf gut deutsch: Es bringt nicht viel, ausser Ärger mit den Usern. Aber ich verstehe es schon, AdBlock hat viel kaputt gemacht.

Each type of nagging leads to discontent. Before the ads were set, I asked each months for donations - there were also some people who feel distracted by them.
    At the end, this is a free service which produces massive server costs on my side. Somehow I have to paid the server otherwise I have to stop this project.

Here is an Idea.. you can always disable Adblock on this site? then you won't get nagged at and phlynx can afford this free service he's providing us out of his own pocket...@@ maybe just maybe get off your high horse. I haven't donated don't plan on it for financial reasons, but the least I can do is disable my ad blocker it doesn't hurt me in the slightest.

Ad blocking

Personally, I don't mind quiet, non-intrusive adverts. I usually click a few of them to help support a useful webpage. That quits when the adverts are obnoxious, any time they are animated, auto-playing, flashing, or loud, the adblocker goes on them. I really find VBadditct useful, and would like to run the ads, but good grief, too much animation, and obnoxiousness. Might want to rethink that ad provider. We want to support the site, but it's hard with those ads

I whitelist vbaddicts, great site and i hate server overload, maybe this helps a bit.
    Official arty hater!

Quote Originally Posted by Tbonepwnge2.na View Post
    Here is an Idea.. you can always disable Adblock on this site? then you won't get nagged at and phlynx can afford this free service he's providing us out of his own pocket...@@ maybe just maybe get off your high horse. I haven't donated don't plan on it for financial reasons, but the least I can do is disable my ad blocker it doesn't hurt me in the slightest.
    That would be fine, except that with Adblock disabled AND vbaddict.net whitelisted, I *still* get the nagware popups...maybe fix that first.

Quote Originally Posted by M_N_madman.eu View Post
    That would be fine, except that with Adblock disabled AND vbaddict.net whitelisted, I *still* get the nagware popups...maybe fix that first.
    Whitelisting vBAddict does not help you. Either disable Adblock for vBAddict or whitelist switchadhub.com, the Ad provider for vBAddict.

Then perhaps the nag screen shouldn't read "Please disable your adblocker" (from nag screen)

I've never *HAD* Adblock enabled for the site. As stated, maybe he needs to fix his nagware.

Aggressive Adds

The Dossier quick summary page recently got extremely aggressive adds. I dont think i dare it anymore

Rookie
    use AdBlock Plus - it's better to have to look at the page telling me what a bad person I am for blocking ads than to have to look at the ads

incidentally, I did make a donation, but as my WOT info and my PayPal info are totally different, and I want to keep them that way, I decided not to give my WOT username in the donation

Rookie
    I think there is a redirect happening with the quick summary page. I can not find any malware in my system, it happens with all browsers and only happens with that page for me.