Hello everyone, we now have an interesting turn of events. Three days ago, I posted an article about how WG EU busted a competition cheater. What happened: player PomFrit basically took a BT-2 to tier 10 via trollplatoons. He then shot a tier 10 tank several times, resulting in massive XP gain. As a result, WG EU (possibly CZ staff) banned him from the competition (plus a 7 day ingame ban) for cheating, because everyone was convinced it was rigged. I am ashamed to say, I jumped the bandwagon too and gleefully mocked the cheater, who claimed his innocence. Well, I should have known better than to trust Wargaming EU. PomFrit (at first I thought “conveniently”) didn’t have a recording, but he managed to get a replay from a player who was there. It’s not very good, but on it, you can see that he shoots tanks that are not cooperating with him and he simply got the huge amount of XP fair and square: * * HD version can be downloaded here. According to Czech WG staff, they are dealing with it. I hereby apologize to PomFrit for an unjust accusation. I think that once he’s cleared officially, there might be a small gift coming his way from me via giftshop, as an apology. Either way, it brings us to another matter: WG “system” for catching cheaters (if such a thing exists) produces false positives and noone bothers to doublecheck such stuff, WG simply bans away. It is possible there are more “victims” like this out there, so spread the word. If you got banned like this and are convinced you did nothing wrong (let’s face it, there probably were real cheating attempts happening), don’t be shy and contact support with your matter (of course, replay always helps).

More...