Hello everyone, so, uh, I checked the special event for the weekend and one thing really hit me: Sputnik? What the hell? What does Sputnik satellite have to do with tanks? Who makes up this stuff? Anyway, so I guess there is nothing to “celebrate” (or – more like – remember) this weekend? Oh, wait, that’s right. On Sunday, it’s the 40th anniversary of the beginning of one of the most destructive conflicts after World War 2, the Yom Kippur War! Yea, the biggest armor clashes since Kursk, including one of the most famous tank warfare events in history (Zvika Greengold’s one-tank rampage, fully comparable to the legendary Villers Bocage action of Michael Wittman) are surely totally insignificant compared to fucking Sputnik. Anyway, so I checked the October calendar again. You know, there was this thought in my mind: last year, WG remembered German Unification and Polish Independence, so uhhhh… where is the Czechoslovak Independence Day, celebrated on 28.10.? With Czechoslovak community being 3rd largest in WoT EU and Czechoslovakia being World’s biggest arms (including armor) exporter in early 30′s, I kinda thought they’d remember. Or Hungarian, French, Italian and other events? Is it such a problem to actually include such events instead of a fucking Sputnik? It’s not like WG doesn’t have time to prepare such stuff in advance. Anyway, rant over. This weekend I think I’ll write a special on Yom Kippur.

More...