Hello everyone, since Friday or so, several (well, many) users from Asian and South American countries reported not being able to access FTR at all, or being able to access it only sporadically. This concerns specifically Philippines, India, Brazil, Indonesia and a few others, from I can tell. I passed the info to Edrard, he told me he didn’t change anything with the server, it’s most likely some routing issue. It’s not terribly widespread though – I have checked and the numbers of FTR visitors have not dropped at all during the weekend. Therefore, if you have this problem, what I am going to ask you to do is to send a traceroute log (for wot-news.com) to my e-mail (fortherecordwot@gmail.com). You will be able to find how to do it here. We will try to analyze and fix it somehow, but ultimately, there is not much we can do. If you have this problem, you can fix it temporarily yourself by using European/US/Russian proxy servers. Sorry for the inconvenience. -SS PS: before you get smartass on me (“lol why you post this when people who need to know this can’t read it anyway”), I posted a copy on FTR FB page too. I can’t do anything else I am afraid for now. We’ll see tomorrow.

More...