Hello everyone, so, I guess everyone reading this blog knows about the giftshop. You can buy tanks there and give them to someone else – not for gold, but for real money. So, that means the advertising there should be extra careful, right? Like… Wargaming EU should tell the truth about its products? Oh, wait… that’s right. Wargaming EU. We have here some “special offers” for mid-October. Let’s disregard the fact that these offers are rarely profitable for players – here’s something that caught my eye: “The tank’s additional side-skirts make it more resistant to explosive rounds, including artillery fire” Except they don’t. If we have a look at the collision model of the vehicle (as represented by gamemodels3d, but feel free to use wot-viewer to check it out), there is absolutely no collision model representation for these side screens. They do nothing at all. The tank has the same crappy side armor as the tier 5. You might say the fact that these screens do nothing is common knowledge. Well, yes, to us who read developer stuff and actually know about gamemodels3d, collision models and other things. For a random guy (the “family dad who plays for 15 mins” archetype SerB so likes) who has no clue about such stuff, it’s misleading. Sure, 20 Euro for a Schmalturm isn’t that much money, but it’s not money you just throw away either. Or you might say “so what, it’s just pixels” – true, but if you for example sell ham (and you can get a lot of ham for 20 Euro here) that’s made from soya and advertise it as real ham, the law will be all over your ass. Hm. Sometimes I really wonder who writes this shit.

More...