Hello everyone, so, here are my subjective impressions from the new German TD line. Unlike the previous patch Soviet tanks, I think I am rather qualified to talk about German TD’s, as they are my favourite branch and I played it quite a lot. So, let’s have a look at it :) All tests took place with a 100 percent crew, camo net, binoculars and an optional third equipment piece. I used both silver and golden shells for comparison, standard silver consumables. I also used optical camo. The server itself runs pretty smoothly (the bug with the packet loss was not fixed however). Noticed the nice quick server relog feature in upper left corner – handy! Marder III (38T) Okay, despite testing it only against “soft” targets (pretty much everyone in the battle had another 38T) I must say this vehicle is absolutely fantastic. It’s small, yet it packs quite a punch and boy it fires fast (18,75 ROF). Aim time is excellent, it’s reasonably accurate (0.35) and – what is most important – very hard to spot and fairly mobile (40km/h easily). As expected, the gun shield is thin, but it’s nothing that terrible. Its top gun is 110 pen 75mm – not the best penetration out there, but the golden shells can crack any hide. Carried ammo supply is sufficient (38 rounds). Gun traverse is fantastic, it’s very broad, but the vehicle doesn’t bleed accuracy when moving the gun too much and the depression is awesome. I love it. It’s much like Marder II on steroids (or if you will, Marder II before the major nerf). Quite honestly, there is actually nothing I didn’t like about it. The gun performance with silver ammo against higher tier enemies perhaps, but it can handle the Chi-Nu Kai quite well on reasonable distance (that vehicle sure likes to explode from ammoracks). The only flaw is not so good elevation, which can lead to some awkward situations, but overall, I’d rate it very well. SS Rating: 9/10 Pz.Sfl.IVc Well, as you can imagine from how this vehicle looks, it is pretty awkward. It’s not AS bad as you think, but it has three nasty flaws, none of them fatal, but together making it a very uncomfortable tank to play. First, it’s big as a barnhouse. That means low camo factor. You’ll spot this beast halfway across the map – it’s quite a change from the nimble and stealthy Marder! Keeping low profile and holding back is a must – the armor is non-existent, HE shells penetrate it regularily (even mid-tier gun HE) and they do MASSIVE damage. If you get spotted and don’t manage to oneshot the enemy, you’re dead, period. It’s an extremely fragile TD. Second flaw is the terrible traverse angle. The gun has probably even worse traverse than Dicker Max (well, not probably, definitely) and if you know how to play the DM, you’ll feel right at home (at least regarding the traverse). With the thin armor and huge size, the fact you have to move the vehicle to traverse the gun makes you a huge target. You HAVE to stay back, no matter what. Third flaw is bad depression. Strangely enough (probably “thanks” to the AA mount) the elevation is very good (unlike on the Marder), but the depression is pretty terrible, so you can forget about Dicker Max tactics. The vehicle fragility makes it basically an XP pinata, but it’s not all doom and gloom. The vehicle is fairly mobile and it can get to position fast. It’s not a tank for impatient people – if you rush, you die, but if you need to go somewhere fast, it will get you there, with the elite engine of course. Theoretical maximum speed is 60, but don’t expect to run around like a light tank, you’ll be doing 30-40 at most. Luckily, it snaps the speed fast and is very agile, much more than you would expect from such a beast. The gun is excellent too, as you probably realize, it fires reasonably fast and practically equals the 88mm L/71, just that you have it on tier 5! If you get lucky, get far away from the enemies and manage to get them in your sights, you’ll wreak havoc. Also, for a vehicle of its tier, the ammo supply is very sufficient, perhaps too much. Strangely enough, this vehicle requires a second gunner and second loader. After this, you won’t need second gunner anymore (at all, anywhere), while you will use second loader only at tier 9 and 10. SS Rating: 5/10 Nashorn Well, now we’re getting somewhere. Nashorn is a classic. It’s like Dicker Max. On steroids. Mixed with crack. Nah, I am overestimating it a bit. Nashorn is – as I mentioned – much like Dicker Max. It’s open topped, rather mobile (but don’t expect a Hellcat, you will be moving at 30-40 km/h) and has massive accurate firepower. On the down side, it’s very, VERY fragile (at tier 6, 20-30mm armor won’t cut it) and if you get hit, you are dead. If you didn’t skip the previous vehicle, it probably gave you a good idea what you’re dealing with. This is NOT a vehicle for newbies. Unlike its other tier 6 counterpart (Jagdpanzer IV), it’s extremely fragile. From what I could tell, its camo factor isn’t all that excellent, I got spotted several times at large distances. You HAVE to stay back and away from enemy scouts. You can be sure that with such a thing armor, you’ll instantly become a priority target. If you watched the Pentagon Wars movie, the Bradley vehicle description (“armor less than a snowblower and enough ammo to take out half of DC”) applies here. And if you haven’t seen it, go and watch it, it’s brilliant :) Last negative factor is rather poor depression. But that will get better, don’t worry. On the plus side: the mobility is fairly decent, especially on flat surfaces. The traverse is excellent (much like the Marder one) and the gun is just yummy. Tier 6 with long 88? Yes, please. Aimtime and reload time are both very good (1,9s, 9,52 ROF). If you manage to stay hidden, you’ll wreak havok. Somehow though… I expected better. It’s probably the mobility that disappointed me a little, but it’s a good TD. SS Rating: 7/10 Pz.Sfl.V aka Sturer Emil Well, this is certainly an extreme vehicle. It has several very strange properties, together offering a pretty unique combination. As you probably know, this was one of the most awaited vehicles ever – and for a good reason. 128mm cannon at tier 7. Well, let me tell Continue reading →

More...