Hello everyone, this is part 2 of the 8.9 test impressions. As before: all tests took place with a 100 percent crew, camo net, binoculars and an optional third equipment piece. I used both silver and golden shells for comparison, standard silver consumables. I also used optical camo. Waffenträger auf Panzer IV Well, it’s not every day you get to play with something that has four guns, all of them tier 10. This vehicle is the ultimate glass cannon. It practically lives or dies by its ability to remain hidden, because for tier 9, it has absolutely negligible armor and you can expect to be one- or two-shotted by pretty much everything. Unluckily for you, theis vehicle is about as stealthy as a rhino in a cupboard. Notice one thing: we do know that guns with muzzle brakes tend to reduce the camo factor more when firing than guns without muzzle brakes. In this case, you have a choice between two 128mm guns and two 150mm guns – the 128′s guns do have muzzle brakes and from what I could tell, they do demask you more than the 150mm guns, so you gotta be extra careful with those. You have a choice of two guns, basically one is the Jagdtiger’s top gun and the other is the E-100 150mm: The 150mm is completely dependent on gold ammo and as such it’s practically pointless for random: at tier 9-10, 235 pen is a joke. Strangely enough, it shares the same gold ammo with the previous 150mm (L/29,5): 334 penetration (unhistorical, but whatever). If you consider gold ammo only, this new gun isn’t actually that much of an upgrade over the older one: 20 silver pen bonus, 0,02 accuracy, all that for whopping 64,8k XP: That means one thing: unless you aim for clanwars and know you will be massively using gun ammo, equipping 150mm guns is IMHO completely pointless on tiers 8,9 and 10 of this line. Luckily, researching this gun is entirely optional. For random battle, the 128mm gun will probably do better. The longer version is freakishly long (it looks ridiculous), so you have to be careful where you stick it. It has nice elevation, but somewhat bad-ish depression, so again you have to be careful where you position yourself. The vehicle itself is quite mobile, you will run around 35-40km/h fast and the turnrate is excellent for its tier. The turret rotation is as one might expect slower than on a tank, but definitely fast enough. Two things however make this tank really good: first, very long view range. You’ll spot tanks on longer distances than with other tank and if you manage to stay cool and undetected (I cannot emphasize that enough), you’ll screw up your enemies badly. Second advantage is the fast shell velocity of the top 128mm shells. It’s like a laser: point, shoot, it hits – or misses, but you get the point. No 150mm “I have time for a coffee before the shell lands” effect. The gun is also very precise. The ROF is also excellent, higher than on the Jagdtiger (5,61 compared to Jagdtiger’s 5,26 RPM). Furthermore, ammunition amount is more than enough. Overall, I think it’s a great machine. I was kinda afraid of the “terrible tier 9 to grind to tier 10″ effect, but it’s all good. The only thing that sort of annoys me is the fact that while the 128mm guns are identical to those of the Jagdtiger, you’ll have to unlock them all over again, but I can live with that. SS rating: 8/10 Waffenträger auf E-100 Well, this is it. The long-awaited WT E-100, the monster, the destroyer, the dream come true. Or, is it? It certainly is a strange vehicle. Unlike with the tier 9 one, here, you can “feel” the rear gun setup, you have to be careful where you stick your hull. And what a hull it is! Minus the sideskirts, it’s the E-100 hull: upper frontal plate is very durable, if someone actually bothers to shoot at it. The problem is, they don’t, because the gun superstructure is very, very thin. Every shot goes thru, even the HE ones. Another strange element is the equipment. What should you mount? It’s open topped, so no ventilation is available. It has an autoloader, so no rammer is available. In the end, I rolled with binoculars, camo net and spall liner. The spall liner somewhat mitigates the terrible vulnerability of the vehicle and – believe it or not – the camo net actually works. This is the point where I should mention that I tested this tank with my trained 100 percent 3-perk crew (100 camo), visual camo and camo net. It’s actually quite stealthy for its size! Of course, the massive hull will try to seduce you into advancing as a spearhead (the was Ferdinand and Jagdtiger sometimes can) – don’t do it! The superstructure is paper and you get torn to pieces. Instead, hide in the bushes and snipe, full camo setup will allow that. But for sniping, you actually need a decent gun. The WT E-100 has two: the E-100 150mm (L/38) and the top Jagdtiger gun, both with autoloaders. Unlike the Foch 155mm, the WT E-100 150mm gun is not usable without gold ammo: it’s basically the same thing as with the E-100: Puny 235mm pen won’t cut it on tier 10. In other words: just like with tier 9 – if you plan to use this vehicle in random without burning thru the gold ammo (like in Clanwars), don’t bother with the 150mm, the 128mm is superior. Of course, as you can imagine, the burst is brutal. You can literally kill anything on one clip. The time between rounds for the 128mm is 2 seconds (3 for the 150mm), that’s more than sufficient to chew even the heavies up. Talked to Treborn (from Kazna), he confirmed that this vehicle would have place in clanwars due to its amazing burst ability. Of course, the 155mm Foch gun is better, but Foch 155 is going to get nerfed in the upcoming patches, so I wouldn’t count on that too much. There’s however also the 8.9 HEAT nerf (3 caliber overmatch won’t work for HEAT), that actually speaks for the Foch. So we’ll just have to see. Here’s the comparison for now: The depression of both guns is okay, elevation is good too, so that’s covered. The 128mm is VERY accurate and its gold shells fly with laser-like speed, so that’s also excellent. Perhaps the last really amazing moment is the 128mm 1,5s aimtime – this gun aims extremely fast and it doesn’t bleed Continue reading →

More...