Source: Glos Wielkopolski news portal Hello everyone, it is not often that WG EU fails make it past the forums, but when they do, it’s usually something special. In this case, it concerns the Polish community. Today, on Glos Wielkopolski news portal, an article came out about the following event. I will try to translate from Polish (a mixture of google translate and the fact that I am Slavic and Czech isn’t that far from Polish, but feel free to correct any mistranslations). The article by Krzysztof M. Ka┼║mierczak is called “World of Tanks: Financial scandal in popular tank game?” “Polish fans of the record-breaking game “World of Tanks” feel cheated by a promotional gold (virtual currency) sale offer. This is the first dispute over consumer rights in the history of the game. Some users already have filed a complaint to Polish consumer-protection authorities and legal lawsuits are predicted. The game producer denies all complaints and one of the players, who took legal steps already, was already punished.” Well, at least that’s what the title says. From what I understand what happened: Polish players were in the last week offered the following deal: if you pay for your gold (for certain amounts) via SMS mobile payment for T-Mobile users, you will get 40 percent extra gold bonus for the usual amount of money. Those who did that however did not recieve the bonus. Of course this led to some frustration and one player sent a support ticket. The support staff told him there has been a misunderstanding, he did not recieve the additional gold, but (in good WG EU traditions), the offer description was stealth-changed from “you get 40 percent gold extra” to “you will get 40 percent more gold in comparison to SMS payments” (thanks to the Polish guys on FTR FB for translation and explanation). To be absolutely clear, here is an explanation from a Polish user (native speaker) S.C. (thanks, mate): “It’s all about T-Mobile special offer (you know, if You order gold by SMS, and your mobile provider is T-Mobile, you get more gold). Polish players feel like beeing robbed, ’cause of sudden change in the offer. First version said, that when you order gold, you will recive amount listed on the page (eg. 1940) and “40% more”. It didn’t worked, players who were in T-Mobile recived only 1940. When butthurt started, someone from Polish WG staff changed the text on the page for something like “you will recive 1940 gold (for the same cash as earlier), which is 40% more than normally (for other people, not from T-Mobile)”.” Here’s the picture of the offer and how it was changed: Even I, a non-Polish, but Slavic person can see how the Polish might have been misled. The first part quite openly states “40 percent more gold”. Needless to say, this got the players pissed and this was fuelled by the WG staff statement that the players were guilty themselves, because they misunderstood the wording of the offer. As huge shitstorm emerged, legal threats were raised and it all resulted in a real legal complaint to the EU Consumer Center by a player called “sombredaddy”. I can’t imagine this going anywhere, given the fact WG can afford very, very good lawyers, but it is a symbolic gesture. Another great day at WG EU office…

More...