So, few hours ago, I sent the 20 questions away and the answers are already here! To explain, how it works: I gathered your questions in English. I had to change the wording in most cases (typos, sometimes the meaning was unclear), so I hope you get to “recognize” your questions. Then I sent the questions to Zlobny (still in English), who then “redistributed” them to appropriate departments (some are answered by Storm for example). In one case, I was asked to reformulate one question for appropriate meaning. The replies came back in Russian, I translated them to English. The questions are in the form I sent to Zlobny. The name of the replying developer is behind the answer (where applicable, I assume it’s Zlobny himself replying where there is no name). 1. Will Dragon Ridge come back at any point – if so, soon? For now, there are no plans to return this map (Storm) 2. TDs lines seem to be getting the public’s eye right now, are there any plans for introducing more mediums? Well, in any case there will be the Japanese tanks soon and we will add Soviet tier 9 and 10 medium tanks. And of course, it’s not realistic to imagine any new nation tree without medium tanks. 3. Are the WG devs being proactive about adding tanks to the 7/42 scene? Much like the new 416 added some spice to a lineup that went unchanged for months. Eg. when adding new tanks, is it considered, what kind of impact will it have on 7/42? No, the influence of 7/42 on tank balance is zero. Although I am watching 7/42 and it’s possible there’s some indirect influence. 4. Is there an issue with RU251 implementation? SerB or Storm wrote that there are some issues with Münster, would it be possible to elaborate? According to the data of Preserved Tanks site, there are only two RU251 (it’s the “Spähpanzer Kette”) left – one is in BWB Wehrtechnische Studiensammlung, Koblenz, Germany and the other in Panzermuseum, Munster, Germany. According to our info, there is no such tank left in Munster. Our official request for data in Koblenz was met with official refusal. According to some data, not even Koblenz has one and where both tanks are now located is not known yet. If anyone from FTR readers could help us find it, provide info on it or photos – we would be very grateful (Tiger) 5. What is the winrate percent difference the vehicle has to “stick out” from the tier/class average, so that the developers start paying attention to it, when it comes to buffs/nerfs? 2%. Ideal winrate is considered to be 49,5%. Plus, the influence of vehicle class is not considered in this: class is taken into account only during more accurate statistical analysis, for example regarding average vehicle XP. One of the major advantages of winrate as statistical indicator is the fact you don’t have to consider the class of the vehicle. 6. Ingame, WZ-120 and Type 59 have differently modelled hulls, is this a balance choise or were there differences in real life too? We have differently sized models for various reasons, we are trying to uncover them and fix them. Although balance-wise it is not as important, each tank can be adjusted separately. And of course (SS: when balancing) the dimensions are taken into account. 7. Is it possible in BigWorld or Havok to create hitbox (collision model) changes during battle: for example, you shoot a tank in spaced armor, spaced armor is torn away and is no longer part of the hitbox? Yes, this will be implemented (Storm) 8. To what extent can we expect to see foreign tanks in the European tree? The tree is not yet being developed. SerB said: “as few as possible” (SerB) 9. Will multigunned/multiturreted tanks that are alredy in game (M3 Lee, Maus, B1, Churchill I etc.) be rebalanced after implementation of this mechanism, or will they work like “you either fire one gun, or you fire another gun and both are balanced independently”? Definitely, they will be rebalanced 10. Is there any chance to see a Maus prototype at tier 9 rather than the overly buffed VK4502B which admittedly is not well liked? Yes, there is a possibility of that happening 11. Some time ago, it was written that the developers “accidentally” developed a wheeled vehicle mechanism when exploring movable objects, are there any (even long-term) plans in this direction, eg. armored cars or trucks? We don’t plan to implement player-controlled vehicles with wheels (Storm) 12. Are there any plans (regular, premium, special) for post-war German vehicles, apart from the RU251, such as the Spähpanzer I.C., or the Kanonenjagdpanzer? For now, there are no official plans. 13. Some time ago, it was written that there is a chance the Jagdtiger 88 would be rebalanced the same way the regular Jagdtiger was. Was any decision taken in this direction? This has not been decided yet for now. 14. Can we expect in 2014 an third German TD line with heavy assault guns like Brummbär and Sturmtiger? There is a possibility, but it’s not sure that they will be tank destroyers. This question is being solved. 15. Historically – according to Wikipedia – Object 268 had 4 crewmembers, but in game it has 5, will this be rectified? According to the data from the book “Отечественные бронированные машины. XX век. Том 3 1945-1965″ (SS: Soviet armored vehicles of 20th century, part 3 1945-1965): “The project was planned with 5 man crew, 2 of who were loaders. During the implementation of loading process mechanization, the crew was planned to be reduced to 4 men.” In general, there are cases in game of crews not matching those in real life (Lorraine 40t, T32), but, unfortunately, we can’t change the crew setup of a tank, that was already implemented into the game. (cannoneer) 16. European tech tree – SerB confirmed that there is an idea, how to do it. No need for details, but does this idea count on single-nation branches, or is there a possibility of seeing multiple nation tank in one branch? SerB stated, that it’s possible the mixing will appear, because similiar tank construction development and similiar technological solutions have priority. That means that if one nation did not develop quality tank construction, it will be difficult to make its branch. Or – for example – since Swedes, Romanians and Czechs used similiar technological solutions, it’s possible to put them into one branch, or to make branch bridges (transfers) from one branch to another between them. Of course, if all of the above gets implemented, there will Continue reading →

More...