Hello everyone, a quick update to the weekend event mess (Americans having worse weekend event despite the previous claims both servers would have the same). Two months ago, Ectar announced on EU forums that both the US and EU specials will be the same: Even then, I thought this might get complicated for one obvious reason: the Americans have different important dates, days and festivities than the Europeans (despite attempts to bring some US customs to Europe, such as the Halloween, that – at least in Czech Republic – has a somewhat different meaning – remembering the dead and all that). Another would be the Veterans Day. But whatever. I thought they have a way around this and would simply solve this by officially announcing something on the portal along the lines of: “Please note that this weekend the events on European and American servers will offer different bonuses due to upcoming region-specific event of *insert region-specific event*” Well, of course they didn’t do that. I mean, why would WG offer any sort of explanation at first? They apparently feel like they have to have the players annoyed so they can apologize. Why? No idea. To make it even funnier, Ectar started trolling around on Reddit about the event. It was a blunder, but he apologized. On US forums, Major_Rampage offered an explanation: Strangely enough, the event was probably really planned as equal (WG NA newsletter stated so), but somebody did change it at some point. So, what this all means? It means one thing: despite Ectar claims of both servers recieving the same events, both servers will recieve the same events only until the marketing department decides they want it otherwise. This is especially notable in autumn and winter months due to the cultural differences between USA and Europe. In other words, different specials will happen, no way around it. In this case (confirmed on Reddit), the Americans can expect a better special event than Europeans during the next weekend (Veteran Day).

More...