Source: everyone writing me about this issue, I managed to put together a picture of what happened – thank you guys Hello everyone, every since yesterday and the alleged “roaming” issue (an EU player logging on RU servers) I tried to find out, what is behind the situation, because it was just strange. So, what probably happened: I was wrong in my assessment that it’s some sort of EU bug or fail. This problem appears clientside. Basically, it was confirmed to me that yesterday (and before that, but apparently not anymore), the roaming mechanism was principially active for everyone. At that moment, following roaming directions were available (info by lonefur): EU -> RU EU -> NA NA -> EU NA -> RU There is no official roaming interface, but there are mods such as this one, allowing European players to “hack” XML files and to log on RU server. The developers allegedly know about this and are either indifferent to it, or they even approve it, as it helps testing the system. There are Russian mods allowing this too, but RU to EU roaming is artificially limited (hardcapped), because there are concerns that Russian players will go screw around EU server in huge numbers and (apart from the obvious impact – trolling, teamkills etc.) EU servers aren’t capable of handling a sudden huge influx of players (you might have noticed the queues on EU servers this weekend). In the “fail” case what most likely happened was the player installing some sort of mod, that screwed around with the login info. This is not a WG EU fail and I apologize for implying it’s WG EU’s fault. Such a mod could also be installed without the knowledge of the player (or, rather, without the player knowing it would do such a thing), possibly even without malicious intent (simple screwup on modders’ side – as Storm confirmed, 99,9 percent of 8.9 crashes originate from faulty mods). If you want to try whether it works, go ahead, but the consequences are yours and I would actually advise not to try it until WG really tweaks and implements the roaming mechanism.

More...