Previous edition Q: What kind of crew did the KV-85 have? I found a source that gives it as commander-loader, driver, mechanic, gunner. Is there something about the KV-85 that prevented the mechanic from loading? A: That’s almost correct, you just need to swap some punctuation: commander, loader, driver-mechanic, gunner. Soviet tanks had no dedicated mechanic crewman, the driver performed those duties. Q: What suspensions and tracks did the SU-26, SU-5s, and SU-14s have? A: All three SU-5 modifications used unchanged T-26 suspensions. The SU-26 was an improvised vehicle, likely also using T-26 suspensions, as the blockaded factory didn’t exactly have the option to design new components. The two SU-14 vehicles used T-35 suspensions. Q: What do you think of the ISU-130? Would it make a good premium TD? Are there any other candidates for a tier 8 premium TD? A: Yes, I have previously explored the subject on the old FTR. As for other candidates, maybe an ISU-122BM, so that someone actually uses that BL-9S gun. Q: The M-64 gun on the Object 268 has a lower velocity, but higher penetration than the BL-10. Is it historical? A: I suspect that it is the BL-10 that has too much penetration. Documents show it having much less penetration than in game, 240-244 mm at 100 meters. Q: Is there a way to get exact measurements of a tank’s exterior parts without measuring the tank in a museum? A: You would have to find the blueprints in archives. Keep in mind that the measurements in real life tanks might vary by as much as a few centimeters. SerB once wrote about a T-28 where one side was 15 cm longer than the other, and it worked just fine. That’s it for this round. Email more questions to tankarchives@gmail.com!

More...