Hello everyone, as you know, since its start, For the Record had “free” comments. Anyone could comment without giving their name or address whatever. Until last night that is. In the night, one or several individuals (hard to say with the proxy servers) spent hours spamming nazi shit in all the comments (stuff like “Gas the Jews”, “Gas the Polish” and other “nice comments”, usually reserved for random battle chat). I don’t know who it was, but before starting to use proxy, that guy (or one of the guys) used the same IP address as a commenter, that identified himself earlier as “EXN0M member”, bashing me for making a post about some of their members’ vile rants. This leads me to believe it was a “revenge” of some sort from one or more of their members. Lately, I’ve also seen the increase of blatant spam, trolling and other dumb shit. It’s been tiring and to top it off, the WordPress ban filter seems to be buggy too (it banned people that shouldn’t be banned). Therefore, from now on, you will have to register in order to comment here. This change is permanent. I try to give FTR as much time as possible in order to live up to your support as readers, but I don’t have the time to browse comments all the time to remove the heaps of garbage that seem to appear lately. Furthermore, this will be only the first step. I am working on implementing a system, where you will have to use either your Facebook account, your Google account or your Wargaming account to identify yourself. Basically, Disquis with a twist. Gotta discuss that with Edrard. In short, I intend to do a big house cleaning. What was acceptable when this site had 1000 hits per day is not when it’s 100 times more. Ban system will also be fixed and improved (I am considering banning proxy servers altogether to reduce spam – at this moment, the spam filter sorts out like 1000 spam messages per day). By the way, the new design should be ready next week. It’s very simple, I hope you will like it. But as for the comments: make no mistake – while I do believe in freedom of speech in general, this is my site and my rules. I am not obligated to allow free speech here. With that being said, there are basically only two simple rules here: 1) Nazi and communist propaganda equals immediate permaban. 2) Obvious spamming (“first!”, “donkey!”) will be punished – as I wrote, its amounts last week became intolerable. I don’t mind offtopic discussion (it’s not like I’ll invite BigBadVuk or anything to police the comments…). I am truly sorry it had to come to this, but this site is no longer a backwater blog it was months ago. Some of you actually requested this change. I hope it helps. -SS

More...