Ads displayed for guests and not donating members only. Get ad-free by donating. If you have already donated, please read here.

Thread: Cant get active dossier uploader to come back to foreground

Cant get active dossier uploader to come back to foreground

Hi,

Noob question. I just downloaded and activated the active uploader. After I set it up I hit the 'send to background' button. Now I want to bring it back up to look around some more, and I see the green icon in the system tray, I see the process in the process list of the Windows task manager but I cannot bring up the UI.

How can I get this thing back to the foreground so I can bring up the user interface and use the program?

Thanks
    Mike

Hi Mike,

a click on the icon does not bring back the GUI?
    You can close ADU within the task manager.

And if you enabled Move to Background on startup, you need to edit the registry.

Are you able to edit the Registry? If yes, delete this value or change it to 0:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ActiveDossierUploader\EnableStartupMoveToBackground

best wishes,
    Marius

Thank you.

No, clicking on the tray icon does nothing, and right click does not bring up a context menu.

I will kill it (I will have to kill the process as it does not show up in the App tab) and try again.

I don't believe I enabled Move to Background on Startup. Yes I can edit the registry if needed.

By the way, nice site. You've put a lot of effort into this. :-)

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by ThumperACC View Post
    Thank you.

No, clicking on the tray icon does nothing, and right click does not bring up a context menu.

I will kill it (I will have to kill the process as it does not show up in the App tab) and try again.

I don't believe I enabled Move to Background on Startup. Yes I can edit the registry if needed.

By the way, nice site. You've put a lot of effort into this. :-)

Mike
    Seems the GUI died, I don't see any other possibility than killing the process.

A context menue will be available with the upcoming ADU 2.6

I'm having the same problem. I would like to turn off "Move to Background on Startup" but I'm not sure how to edit the registry? Thanks

You can use a right mouse click on the tray icon to control ADU.