Hello everyone, this is the followup on and conclusion of the Hard Choices article I posted earlier. As was written in the article, I opened up a poll. To this day, over 11k people voted. Based on FTR reader statistics, roughly 20 percent of readers are from the US server, the rest was from EU. Obviously, with only 11k voters, the impact of this is not as high as I would want it to be (a damn shame too, given the fact the daily visit count is 5-6 times as high, occasionally 10 times even). As you can see from the poll itself, the European Tree is an overwhelming winner with 40 percent, followed by the Sturmtiger branch and the British branch. The French tanks are not that far behind, while the British TD and medium line are sitting on the bottom, along with the Japanese tank destroyers. Well, I guess I have some bad news: from what I have seen, the development of the EU tree has not started yet. I mean – at all. There probably is some general idea how to do it, but no research has been conducted. Given how long it took to research the Japanese tree (believe it or not, there is like a year’s work behind the single branch appearing in 8.10), I think it is quite unlikely with all the rest of the work going on (vehicle remodelling for the HD client) for the EU tree to appear in 2014. My chance estimate? 10 percent. However, the entire tree is very requested on EU server and Polish plus Czechoslovak playerbase are still waiting for their vehicles (while statistically insignificant Japanese playerbase already go theirs), so I think this might also play a role. Storm wrote not so long ago that there will be a longer brake between the Japanese branch and next branch to come (my guess again: at least 2-3 months). I think that’s a good thing, because the playerbase seems currently over-fed with new tanks (with attractive stuff like German TD’s and Japanese tanks coming close after each other). But Storm also wrote that next to come might be the British mediums. I mean, Firefly is cool, but according to the poll, it’s at the bottom. And there are also the Frenchies. It will be a tough choice indeed. My personal vote was: EU tree (duhhh), British heavies (Chieftain) and German TD’s (Sturmtiger) – the top 3 slots according to the poll. We’ll see how it goes.

More...