Hello everyone, it just got confirmed to me that WG EU is planning to start their own QA too, possibly soon. Like a regular one, not that Quasar joke. Good move I guess, took them long enough to create (1,5 years if I recall correctly, ever since Overlord stopped posting). Of course, being the incompetent bums they are, there is a chance this will be a massive failure, but of course, there is a chance it will simply be exactly what they promise: the same thing for EU as for the RU server. I have my doubts, but let’s for the discussion’s sake pretend it’s going to work as intended. As I wrote before, this is the real reason FTR QA got cut: WG EU whine. So, what then? Would there still be interest in RU translations? Would that make FTR obsolete? I doubt that, FTR is way too big for that, plus there will always be new info coming from Russia (although the developers take it slow these days). But it might require a change of pace and perhaps style. What my two first thoughts were: - perhaps a daily summary of what was answered in the EU thread, so you don’t have to go through the garbage every day? (by “garbage” I mean pointless player posts to look for answers) plus continuing the translations? - moving completely away from wot-news in order to profile the blog as completely WG hostile? Not my first choice, but there has to be something to write about. - stopping altogether surfaced of course, but I do feel the obligation for the promises I made during the donation event So, I guess the answer stands and falls with the question, whether fully-functional WG EU QA would make FTR obsolete. That’s not a question I can answer of course, that’s a question YOU have to answer. In advertisement terms, FTR is probably viable even with one half of its current reader base, but beyond that, it would be… problematic. Of course, there is the possibility that WG EU QA will actually INCREASE the FTR reader base, since you guys won’t be going there (apart from asking questions) – why dig through it, when you can read a summary, right? So what are your thoughts?

More...