Hello everyone, well, I just opened the loader and this news jumped on me: Wargaming to donate to War Child charity. At first, I thought I’d go on a rant about how utterly pointless is to send money to Africa, but of course, that’s anyone’s problem, it’s their money after all, they are free to do what they want with it. Several points I’d like to stress out however: - in Britain, donating to registered charity is tax deductable and the donator is Wargaming.net, which is a registered British company, so it probably doesn’t cost WG a single Euro, as everything is deducted from taxes - Wargaming claims that “war is not a game”, yet the very same Wargaming refused to support charity for veteran tankers Carramba from Czech community organized. Not a single advertisement (let alone any money, but noone asked for that in first place). Unlike “children in war-torn countries”, these men already DID something for their country, society and world as a whole. In tomorrow’s Czech main newspapers (MF Dnes, Idnes.cz), there will be an article about how players make a donation drive for a Czech tanker and how WG refused to help (in a form of an interview with carramba66, the main organizer).

More...