- there will only be one map in 8.10 (the Japanese one), despite of the rumors of two maps arriving - Storm states that when it comes to the Port map, they can’t just “add 200 meters of map length”, that would equal complete map rework - Foch nerf will “come later”, it was postponed to “new year” - according to Storm, it’s okay to release the test iteration with bugs, their fixing then goes much faster - Object 140 will not be removed from the game - the fate of gold ammo has not yet been decided (SS: there was a proposal to lower its damage) - developers will not remove (limit) the gold ammo on test server, because it’s not easy to do (would require developing mechanism for that) and because players would then whine that they want the same thing on live server - Veider commenting on players whining about the Maus 2 degrees turret rotation buff being too small: “When we add 2 degrees, it’s not enough, but if we remove the 2 degrees, it’s immediately ‘OMG NERF FCUK WARGAYMING ME AND MY 254 FRIENDS ARE LEAVING THE GAME’” - Veider (when confronted with the Maus II turret) states that if they add new turret and more DPM to Maus, there will immediately be too many Maus tanks around - dynamic camera setting won’t be dependent on type of the tech (SS: player proposes: off for arty, on for everything else) - Storm: “everything’s fine with optimization” - full multicore support will come in patch 9.something next year – Storm states that previously, they weren’t completely sure whether to do it or not, but they solved some problems within the engine and decided to implement it in full - apparently there is a problem with Panzer I model (Panzer I hull is different in 8.10 than Panzerj√§ger I hull), it will likely be fixed - Lorraine model is also slightly off in 8.10 (frontal hull textures not corresponding to the model), will be fixed - Superpershing also has a tiny graphical model bug on lower plate armor, but it won’t be touched - M48 Patton is doing fine statistically - Storm states that although some maps have 50 percent of their area covered by non-accessible terrain, it does not mean they are bad maps, he cites Abbey and Lakesville as examples - new Malinovka-style maps? “For now we decided to make city maps” - Storm states that on the new Japanese map, most people go into the city - it’s “unknown” when Japanese heavies will come - dynamic clouds will not come anytime soon, other graphic features have priority and such clouds would be resource-requiring - Bigworld can model wind like in Crisis (plants, trees bowing down depending on wind intensity), this is planned to implement - the feedback on the new Japanese map is very positive on EU and US servers - first new city map will come in 9.0 - the Chinese Wall map will not appear on RU/EU/US servers - Dragon’s Ridge will not return - Leopard 1 will not get the “late” (1970′s) turret (SS: welded, boxy) - the clouds will get moving shadows, while the clouds themselves will not move: it’s intentional, Storm states that it improves the map with low FPS cost, he also states that nice-looking clouds are very FPS-requiring - Object 430 will not change in test 2, other Japanese tanks will also not get changed - battles pre-determined by the fact one team gets more “noobs” than others during MM? “Remove your XVM and everything will be alright. It’s all in your head.” - while IS and KV-based tanks got new tracks, two of them didn’t: KV-13 and KV-1S, this is apparently intentional

More...