Hello everyone, you know that I sometimes criticize WG discount/shop policies and that I didn’t like the fact that they put planes on World of Tanks portal. Well, as you might have guessed, I just LOVE what Wargaming did today: First, let me start my rant constructive criticism by saying that these discounts are NOT a charity. Discounts (as any discounts really) are a business strategy to sell more product, nothing more, nothing less. Thus, the argument “we didn’t have to give you any discounts, you ungrateful git” are irrelevant, the discounts aren’t there to make me happy, but to make Wargaming money. With that being said, I consider the shit above pretty nasty. Why? Well, not because WG gives us discounts or because credits sold for real life money are a waste of money, but for following reason: Wargaming always claimed its target group is not a hardcore gamer, spending hours and hours daily in WoT, but a “daddy”, coming tired home from work, who wants to have fun for a while before he’s off to bed or something (indeed, the playerbase age confirms this, as many people, who are “too old” for games such as Counterstrike play). Such a person however will surely not be informed of the unification of WoWp and WoT accounts in detail. Either such a person will not know about the unification at all, or very vaguely. In first case (doesn’t know at all), such a person might be misled (possibly intentionally) into thinking “hell, they are offering me this discount on credits on World of Tanks portal, I’ll buy that” – of course, the credits are NOT unified and I am pretty sure WG support will have to solve dozens of “Where are my credits, you suckers!” cases, because they advertised credits for an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT GAME on WoT portal. In second case (knows only a little), since Wargaming announced the “unification of accounts” earlier, such a person (who probably didn’t study this in detail, if he doesn’t play WoWp) might be misled into thinking credits too are unified. The portal doesn’t offer an explanation, only a link to World of Warplanes portal. In both cases, there is a clear possibility of the customer being misled and I find this very dishonorable. But wait, there’s more. Check out these AMAZING gift shop discounts! EU server: US server: Simply stunning. I don’t know about you, but I have never been so tempted to buy a tier 8 premium tank before with such an amazing discount. Great job.

More...