Hello everyone, so I guess you’ve seen the “Facts and Figures” video? Kinda interesting, isn’t it? I mean: I didn’t know there are WoT players in Vatican City. Of course, before we go all “hurr durr the Pope plays WoT”, Vatican has civillian workers too, not just the clergy. Still, interesting. I wonder how the latency is in Panama though. Anyway, this post is not about that. Check this out, this is from the part they talk about “historical realism” (pictures by _Reaper and Attin): Oh yea, that’s not the FV215b (183), that’s the fake FV215b with the 120mm gun that never existed even in blueprints. Very historically accurate. It gets better though… Google translate FTW! For one, it’s apparently a British Sherman, even though in the game it’s an American vehicle. Anyway, look at the “stats” – so, amount of hitpoints is “strength” now? Why? Oh, that’s right – in Russian, the amount of hitpoints term is “prochnost”, which can be translated also as “strength”, if you don’t know what you are talking about. Carriage is apparently googletranslated from the word “ekipazh”, which means “crew” in Russian, but also “carriage” (the same way “pipe” means that thing the water flows thru and also the thing you use to smoke crack – two different things, same word). So, the gunner is now “aimer”? Again, in Russian, the term for gunner is “navodchik”, the word is based on the word “navodka”, which means literally “aiming”. Why is it suddenly “the driver” and not just “driver” and why is the last crewmember called “charging”? (the Russian word for loader is “zaryazhayuschij”, which comes from the word “zaryazhat”, which means literally “to charge”, so in Russian, the word can literally be translated as “the one who is charging”. Now, this might be nitpicking, but it’s also a symptom – of the fact that WG EU can’t do its job right. They probably outsourced the translation to some moron, who googletranslated it without context and sent it back – and noone doublechecked it. We know how often that happens (hint: every week). The stats are interesting though and the video got one thing right: the game is great. So, Wargaming, all the best in new year and make us happy! Hard job, I know, but I trust SerB :D

More...