Hello everyone, this post is a followup to the post from yesterday. Basically, the issue was that a Polish blog was copying FTR and got endorsed for it by WG EU. Here’s a letter I wrote to Zbiry (the owner of the blog) earlier today. Not how I imagined spending the morning of the first day of the year, but then again, FTR existence was never a calm one, was it. I hope you readers, Zbiry and the rest of the Polish and other communities do understand this. I am trying to be fair about this issue as much as I can and I really hope this is the end of it (there are measure that it can be escalated with, but that’s not necessery I think). Hello Zbiry, by now you are probably aware, why I am writing you and it saddens me that it has come to this, but I really see no other alternative. Some time back, you contacted me about the permission to translate FTR to Polish and I had no problem with that back then. I generally have no problem with that anywhere (there are several language mutations of FTR all around the world, including French, Romanian and for example Chinese) and I never complained or prohibited anyone from doing this, as I believe the info belongs to all the players. As you might have guessed, there is however one thing I do have a problem with: WG EU’s involvement. In short, I see your elevation to the ranks of community contributors for copying FTR content as unfair not only to me, but to you, because it allows them to reap the benefits without acknowledging the work of not only me, but others, who I have not seen mentioned in your translations, for example Russian players like Maiorboltach, who did put together the notes from Fluke’s stream. I hope and believe this omission in mentioning him is not intentional. Therefore, to remedy the situation I’d like to de-escalate the situation by informing you that the agreement with you about taking content from FTR has been revoked. I am sure you understand why, given my relationship to Wargaming EU (and I don’t even mention their treatment of Dom1n). I of course don’t want to stop you from translating your own notes from the Russian sources – by all means, do it for the Polish community. But keep in mind please that it took me practically half a year to understand what’s what on Russian forums and to develop some sort of method to gather the data effectively. It’s a lot of work and a lot of it depends on my interpretation of events, so in short, there is simply no way of copying FTR content without me knowing. I am sure you understand what I mean. Please understand I don’t blame you – I blame Wargaming EU for this unfortunate situation. I am sure they knew this would happen, even a daft person would know. This is after all not how I imagined I’d spend the first day of the new year and I am sure same goes for you. I wish you good luck in the future Silentstalker

More...