Partial source: http://world-of-kwg.livejournal.com/269679.html, Zarax’ posts and articles Hello everyone, this is something that kinda… bothers me. Today, on developer blog, Yuri Pasholok posted about the VK7201K (Failowe) – according to him, it was a real project with a 150mm (149mm) gun KwK L/38 and a rear turret. There was some development, the Lowe project got cancelled and the attention of Hitler and his merry band turned towards the Maus. This is how the model looked, according to Yuri Pasholok: The picture above is a model (mock-up) of a rear-turret Lowe variant, mistakenly named “leichter Lowe” (“light Lowe”) by the site called Achtungpanzer (responsible for numerous myths about German tanks). Yuri Pasholok claims this vehicle is historical, but in a serie of articles (the Lowe history is actually pretty complicatged), it was argued by Zarax (and me (see the Tiger Maus section)) that that’s just crap. There was never such a rear turret project of such a weight, the ingame Failowe is a Wargaming fake (the picture above belongs to a proposal for a light vehicle of 70 tons). This tank was created as an award for the Clanwars players and as such was issued to the best clans of the second campaign. This is how it looks in the game. And this is where it could end, right? Just another fake tank in the game. But it doesn’t end there, unfortunately. Check this out. This is offered as a plastic kit by a Japanese company: Yea. Someone took Wargaming’s fake and made it into a real plastic model. This actually pisses me off, because this is exactly how rumors about fake tanks start. Next thing you know, someone will take this and will start writing articles on the “amazing German 120 ton supertank” (of COURSE it makes sense that something wighing 120 tons would be called VK7201 – in case you didn’t know, the VK designation means an experimental vehicle, first two (or three) numbers mean weight in tons and the second two numbers mean the number of the prototype). No, this is utter bullshit. Yuri Pasholok is commenting on how pissed he is about it (copyright issues), but in reality, this is Wargaming’s fault. In fact, this is his personal fault, because he is the chief historical consultant for Wargaming and it should be his duty not to let unhistorical crap appear in the game. Same story with the Waffentr├Ąger E-100, which even by Wargaming’s admission is completely made up. In past two years, Wargaming single-handedly managed something very, very impressive: they made a game, that lifted people’s interest in armored vehicles to such levels that it has actually become mainstream. No matter how you look at it, the success of World of Tanks as a game is stunning. With that however comes the power to influence the perception of armor amongst people. Wargaming always claimed their vehicles are based on truth, but by introducing unhistorical crap into trees, they sort of “validate” their fantasies – after all, since 95 percent of the vehicles in game are based on real tanks, prototypes or projects, the rest must be too, no? Well, no, obviously not. E-50M, T28, T28 Prototype and other vehicles are Wargaming inventions. I think they should be clearly labelled as such. Personally, I regard the whine about copyright and whatnot with grim satisfaction. You claim this vehicle to be historical, Mr.Pasholok? Well, too bad, you shouldn’t have made a fake tank and then passed it off as a real one.

More...