Source: http://world-of-ru.livejournal.com/2923103.html Hello everyone, an interesting post appeared on RU forums – did you know that Ensk might have been partially modelled after Minsk? I sure didn’t. LJ user yozas_gubka makes a number of interesting comparisons between Ensk buildings and those really existing in the home city of Wargaming, Minsk. He admits that although the map developers might have drawn their inspiration from generic Soviet-type architecture, some buildings in Minsk come very close to what we can see in Ensk. Check this out: This building exists in Ensk… ….and this is a real building, standing on the edge of Koshevy and Klimov streets – Minsk district built in the early 50′s for the workers of local heavy factory to live in. Second case is the large building… ….which was inspired possibly by the following building in Minsk on the Chebotarev street: There are other similiarities to Minsk too. For example, take this wooden building in Ensk: And this is a house in the Minsk region of Grushevka: This is the model of the brick house in Ensk: And this is a real house in the Pushkin housing, built in 1937 This is another large house in Ensk: And this is its possible inspiration: a pre-war military officer housing, there are several of these houses spread around the city: Another inspiration for the building above could be the factory worker housing Here’s (according to the author) a classic Soviet-style barn/warehouse, present in many ex-Soviet cities… …including Minsk And here’s the Minsk Lenin monument: and here is the apparent original: the statue of Lenin made by a sculptor called Kotikhin near the Dynamo stadium in the yard of Klumov hospital So, this is it. I think it’s actually interesting to see where the developers looked for possible architecture and models. I actually wish there were such explanations for every map in the game. Granted, some are completely fictional and generic (Sand River probably), but some were clearly inspired by real life places.

More...