Ads displayed for guests and not donating members only. Get ad-free by donating. If you have already donated, please read here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: vBAddict 2.0 is now Live

Article: vBAddict 2.0 is now Live

this is nice. great job.

Functionality is perfect, just colours are to soft (pastel?), good idea to add few colours schemas ?

OMG... I have to get used to this. Good functionality but I am not so pleased with the overall appearance. I need to get used to it my friend Phalynx.

Quote Originally Posted by anglik666 View Post
    Functionality is perfect, just colours are to soft (pastel?), good idea to add few colours schemas ?
    I like the colors, few more colour scheme will come for sure when my time allows it.

Quote Originally Posted by cpmyers View Post
    OMG... I have to get used to this. Good functionality but I am not so pleased with the overall appearance. I need to get used to it my friend Phalynx.

It's always in the beginning, I also needed my time to get used to it. Now I won't missed it anymore. Come back to this post in few weeks and tell me your opinion then

Nice work, Phalynx! Thanks for your continued efforts.

I do not like the new design

I really liked your tool before. It was lean, compact and I got a quick overview about what I wanted to know. And now: I have to klick through more menues to see the data. And the tables are bigger without additonal information. The access was easier before, it is a pity that you changed it to a less comfortable version.

Sure, it was compact, as the width was fixed. Now the width takes the full screen, resulting from this all tables are bigger. I'm now more flexible regarding options and layout.

The old layout was in the end a patchwork, initially started with a limited set of features. Later expanded to the rich features we have now.
    It was really difficult for me to maintain it. Produced more queries as many parts of the website were loaded into one page, even if the user just wanted to look for one information.

It is like with every change - some like it, some not. I cannot satisfy all.

I don't get these changes, you have now basically regressed. You went from a compact easy one page overview of personal stats 12h/24/7d ect and tank stats on the left, to a bunch of tabs which you have to go through to find information that was previously all on one page. Also, this looks like I'm using an apple product page, wtf.

I understand that you worked hard on this, but I am not a fan, I loved your old site layout, and while it might have not looked the greatest, it was extremely efficient (visually). Thank God you didn't change the ADU.

Quote Originally Posted by FaceAx View Post
    I don't get these changes, you have now basically regressed. You went from a compact easy one page overview of personal stats 12h/24/7d ect and tank stats on the left, to a bunch of tabs which you have to go through to find information that was previously all on one page. Also, this looks like I'm using an apple product page, wtf.

I understand that you worked hard on this, but I am not a fan, I loved your old site layout, and while it might have not looked the greatest, it was extremely efficient (visually). Thank God you didn't change the ADU.
    What page are you speaking about? Progress on your personal statistics were moved from the main personal page as the informations were mixed with the Skillradar and WN7 / WN8 charts - which changed only once in 24h. So I don't see a benefit in old layout.

Probably the old tank overview on the left side was a good hook for jumping further, but still there are some people complaining they cannot search for tanks or sort by their basic stats - which is now possible. Did you tried already to expand the visible amount of tanks to for example 100?

And btw, previously the links to the different dated charts were the same - exactly like it is working now, but now the links are displayed as tabs.

your a stud Phalynx. I will be supporting you as soon as I get my pay pal acct straightened out :-/

This is so far above and beyond what can be expected from a free service!!
    Last edited by plinker90; 2014-01-28 at 02:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Phalynx View Post
    I like the colors, few more colour scheme will come for sure when my time allows it.
    I would love a quick white text (or light text) on black background. Design looks good but the white background is hard on the eyes with this much data to look at.

Whoa! this is a nice improvement! nice work!

although, I found one bug.
    In battlelog (1st battle), i have red wrench in every battle and "alt" text says that: "Tank didn't survive this Battle." Although it did. It can be seen on Detail page.

Moved the Postings about the new Loginsystem to the related Thread:
    http://www.vbaddict.net/content/103-...ystem-reworked

Quote Originally Posted by flooodi View Post
    Whoa! this is a nice improvement! nice work!

although, I found one bug.
    In battlelog (1st battle), i have red wrench in every battle and "alt" text says that: "Tank didn't survive this Battle." Although it did. It can be seen on Detail page.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeroproject View Post
    I would love a quick white text (or light text) on black background. Design looks good but the white background is hard on the eyes with this much data to look at.
    Themes will come later.

bad usability and ergonomic function

Quote Originally Posted by FaceAx View Post

i have to agree. before we had all information on first page and in a much more compact form. i opend my profile page, i had all data i wanted like this nice progress table. now when i go into my profile summary page i see the "feeds" and "skill radar" and "WN charts", that are not interesting at all for a daily basis. i would rather like to see the compact small progress table again THAT FITS ON ONE PAGE. You changed all line spacing to some odd hard readable values so everything gets inflated very much. now the table after some clicks can be found again but is so huge i have to scroll down 2 pages and lose line or colum. Usability of the design isnt good at all.

You put great effort into this and i really appreciate your project (already have dontated to you) but your new multi structured design is more complicated, confusing and dont put most important information on top.

please make everything smaller again. more compact. i doesnt have to be all full screen. and make please a real overview like before where actual data is in first page when i open my profile page like before.

Quote Originally Posted by killahbot View Post
    i have to agree. before we had all information on first page and in a much more compact form. i opend my profile page, i had all data i wanted like this nice progress table. now when i go into my profile summary page i see the "feeds" and "skill radar" and "WN charts", that are not interesting at all for a daily basis. i would rather like to see the compact small progress table again THAT FITS ON ONE PAGE. You changed all line spacing to some odd hard readable values so everything gets inflated very much. now the table after some clicks can be found again but is so huge i have to scroll down 2 pages and lose line or colum. Usability of the design isnt good at all.

You put great effort into this and i really appreciate your project (already have dontated to you) but your new multi structured design is more complicated, confusing and dont put most important information on top.

please make everything smaller again. more compact. i doesnt have to be all full screen. and make please a real overview like before where actual data is in first page when i open my profile page like before.
    Table has grown in the width, that is something I can understand if you don't like it.

What I don't understand is you miss the progress data mixed with other charts.
    On old site, I put the progress data on the main profile page because it was just a little overview of the profile which has grown and increased. I've corrected this now by moving the progress data to a seperate page, which makes a lot more sense.

The progress data / quick summary is one of the most refreshed modules, and I had to put it now on a seperate page to reduce server load. Why loading dozens of other items if you are only interested in one thing? Same for the tank overview on the left. On each page load dozens, sometimes even hundreds of tank icons had to load, even if the user don't want to use a tank information. Now all is more clear structured.

You will get used to the new structure faster than you think. As I told already before, I also needed my time to mentally switch to new layout.

Why don't you just put a bookmark to the seperate progress data instead of the profile summary? To make it easier for you, I've just added two new links on the top to get quicker to the profile summary and progress data.

Quote Originally Posted by Phalynx View Post
    At first I felt same way like killahbot and FaceEx, but now it's OK, not perfect, but you can get used to it really fast. Only thing I don't like, is how wide it is. There are too wide spaces between text on my 24'' monitor, 17'' is OK. Also I would be grateful if you return detailed tank stats, like it was few months ago (average number of crew members killed, chance to get on fire etc.), I really loved it! And if I can give you a tip about what to implement to APU, it could be nice to add something like: upload replay only if WN7>xxxx.

I also want to apologize for my bad English, hope it isn't too much confusing.

i think the new design is a fail... now i have to check 1 by 1 every tank instead of just checking hose that i played in the last 12h... where are the colors on the WN? why are the WN7 and 8 separated? before u had everything from 1 click

Quote Originally Posted by treeter View Post
    At first I felt same way like killahbot and FaceEx, but now it's OK, not perfect, but you can get used to it really fast. Only thing I don't like, is how wide it is. There are too wide spaces between text on my 24'' monitor, 17'' is OK. Also I would be grateful if you return detailed tank stats, like it was few months ago (average number of crew members killed, chance to get on fire etc.), I really loved it! And if I can give you a tip about what to implement to APU, it could be nice to add something like: upload replay only if WN7>xxxx.

I also want to apologize for my bad English, hope it isn't too much confusing.
    Will take a look to make the table width smaller.

About the injured crew and criticals, Wargaming removed that from battle results, no chance to get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by aengis View Post
    i think the new design is a fail... now i have to check 1 by 1 every tank instead of just checking hose that i played in the last 12h... where are the colors on the WN? why are the WN7 and 8 separated? before u had everything from 1 click
    This is really a slap in my face. Did you tried to sort the tank overview by last battle? To filter by specific tank? You have now a lot more possibilities and data like spotted, kills etc available.

Please tell me what you mean with WN7 and WN8 separated.

I like feedback, but please be so honest and tell me exactly what you would expect.

Progress and Quick Summary are now a bit taller, I hope this helps.

Additionally, I have added on the top navigation a direct shortcut to the personal tank overview.

its smaller for me..:/

I like it the way it is now.

Nice work Phalynx, turned out nicely! Just let the haters hate, no change goes without criticism from the peanut gallery >.>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast