Hello everyone, this post will be strictly subjective and my personal opinion only, so if you are interested in hard facts only, you might as well move on. No? Very well then, you’ve been warned. Today, two hours ago or so, I was grinding slowly my Centurion I. There is this mission active (today is its last day), where you have to get 25 kills to get some reward (50k was it?) or something, so I was doing that and then it struck me. Why am I playing? I don’t feel like playing. Oh yea, the goddamn mission. When Wargaming introduced the mission concept, I kinda felt like “Hooray, this is what I remember from Warcraft, this is going to be great!”. What I meant was the World of Warcraft “dailies” – a repeatable mission, where you have to do something. What I forgot however in my eternal optimism is that the dailies in World of Warcraft were fundamentally different from the World of Tanks ones. World of Warcraft PVE dailies were a place to completely switch off. You know you have to kill X monsters to get item Y and that was it. So you went there, switched the WoW sound off, put on a music and did that for half an hour. No fuss, just you killing some monsters, ideally in a PVE zone. Yea, sometimes a ganker appeared (a slang term for PVP player, roaming the world to attack the opposite faction’s members, partially equal to out “sealclubber”) but that was rare. When you finished the daily (unless it was a frustrating one, those I skipped), you felt refreshed. WoT dailies make me tired. The problem of daily quest in an essentially PVP game is that you can’t switch off (or, rather, you can, but the results will be terrible). You want to play a few battles – and you do, but then you realize you are halfway done with that mission, it would be a shame not to finish it, right? Wrong. As soon as I start thinking this way, I am basically fucked. I start focusing on (for example) getting kills, but you know how it goes, the harder you try, the worse it goes and you start to get frustrated. You bring down a tank tier higher all by yourself only to have an asshole, that was camping the whole battle jerking off behind a bush steal that kill and ride off into sunset. And that’s the keyword: frustration. Finishing WG missions is frustrating. This is not necesserily as true for the “long ones” (monthly missions), but the dailies certainly are, at least for me. So after two battles with 2k and 3k damage but 0 kills, I was like fuck it, I’ll leave the daily on 17/25 and I’m gonna go cook. Or watch something. Or go play something else. Or maybe I am just tired by WoT in general…

More...