Hello everyone, so, it’s been a few days since the 8.11 update, so let’s have a look at what it brought – I will be specifically referring to the EU servers, but from what I could gather, US servers seem to be plagued by the same issues as well. First, the positives: - new maps: both Windstorm and Ruinberg on fire are visually beautiful. Windstorm gameplay… well, I actually didn’t get that map a single time on random, so I can’t judge, but from the test server it was nice. I like it. - FPS increase: overall, my FPS increased – not by much, but every bit helps - TD nerf… I guess… I mean, I never complained about TD’s being OP before (apart from the WT E-100, which is still pretty ridiculous) in the first place, can’t judge - new UI features, which are nice, but old habits die hard, so I just retrained all the crews I needed manually, before I realized I can do it with one click only now – useful, but… yea, okay, I am conservative And, negatives… - HORRIBLE LAGS, I mean… really, really bad. 30 percent fucking packet loss? What the actual FUCK, is Wargaming routing the game to Amsterdam via China or something? The game has been extremely laggy ever since the patch was introduced. Is there a connection, or are those two separate matters? Hard to say. Needless to say my ping went up, this time from 60-70 (used to be 20-30 on the same connection!) to 80-100 (or 120-130 during CW’s). - microfreezes – while subtle, this is annoying as HELL – and it is also new. What this means is that the game stops for a split second, before it continues to work. Also new in 8.11. In case you are wondering how this looks: * * - the garage “reconnection”: when you are in the garage, the screen “blinks” very often into black, this is caused by some resynchronisation attempt, also very annoying - why the hell is the server choice automatically reset to “AUTO” everytime I log off? I want to play on EU2 (clanwars and such), not end up on EU1, which allegedly has better ping. The thing is, when selecting what sever you will be assigned to, the game selects it based on ping, but not on jitter, so you might end up on a server bit better ping, but terrible packet loss (for me, this is the case for EU1) - national battles – I am not sure what the developers were smoking, when they came up with this, whether it’s some sort of social or game experiment, trolling or simply an extremely bad game design, but either way, it’s fucking HORRIBLE. 13 ISU-152 vs 13 Jagdpanther II? No problem! This mode is broken on so many levels that it would warrant a separate post (maybe I will write it), but seriously… - FOV: why screw with something that works fine? I mean… it didn’t affect me and I think the entire whine about it was a bit overblown, there was however no real reason to touch this mechanism, at least from what I can tell - T-54: congratulations, now it looks like a log with a turd on top. Horrible, ugly model. Historical accuracy? T28 Prototype says hi! - for me, battles take TWICE as long to load than in 8.10 and I have no idea why (and yes, I defragmented my drive): are they pre-loading some of the models somewhere? Either way, it’s annoying to start 5 seconds into the battle: might not sound much, but on some maps, it can be very nasty (Malinovka for example, for obvious reasons) - new ricochets look really weird (they fly in very odd angles, I am not sure how historically correct it is, but it definitely looks unnatural) - somehow, in sniper mode on some tanks (Centurion I in my case), the shells no longer fly from the center of the aim reticle, but from a place slightly off, also very annoying) - British voiceover sounds… weird. I was probably hoping for something more… I dunno. British. John Cleese British. Not a random British janitor “actor” from Paris WG (yea, he was picked by WG EU according to Storm). Conclusion This patch came out broken and I have no idea why. It has many technical issues and if I was to say whether I like it, the answer would be “definitely not”. As biggest issues I percieve the lag (obviously), microfreezes, battle loading time – the rest I can cope with somehow, but the game itself must be fluent. Truth to be told, these issues kinda took most of the fun out of the game for me. I mean… there were lags before, I did put up with it (my connection is quite okay and I have no issues anywhere else whatsoever), but current state is just not so good. I’d like to believe that it will get fixed, but somehow… I kinda lose hope.

More...