Hello everyone, last night, I recieved an interesting e-mail about my older post about bots – from noone else than the CEO of the company, developing the Tankleader bot. The e-mail was signed with a full name, including e-mail and telephone number. No, I haven’t tried calling the gentleman, but it looks pretty legit. Either way, here is an excerpt of the letter, I think you will find it interesting like I did. The name was withheld for obvious reasons. I kept the original typos, the English is a bit flawed, but the man is from Germany. The “bold” marking is made by me. -SS Greetings Silentstalker, my name is -redacted- , and I am the CEO of the company behind Tankleader and some other automatization software for mmorpg/a. I did read your blog posts about Tankleader, and thought it would be nice, if I would reply you personally and give you some facts about the real usage of TL. First of all, the number of 100k sold licences, sounds impressive, and i would be very lucky if i had it, but its completely untrue. As i write you, right now, there are 133 TL bots online. And we have not sold anything near 6 or 5 digits in licenses as far as i know, and i for sure know. So you might a bit overestimate the role of Tankleader in the WoT battles. However the fact that we try to add a nice AI into our product, is true, that is why we have the most advanced bot, that still is been developed on. Some say, that while you need Premium or Gold on your WoT, that Wargaming might be behind it, no it is not true. We got contacted by Wargamings lawyers however, back in 2012. We told them that we can discuss that in front of a court if they like. We have not heard since from them. Might be also the fact that we are in court with Activision Blizzard in Germany, to finally have some laws about online games, EULA, ToS, rights of the users and whatever there are no laws for in the gaming industry. You might also read about european court rulings that happened lately, they do not seem to share the same opinion with the companies trying to form licenses that the users have no rights in. Anyway this would be another story to tell, once we get to the German Supreme Court (BGH) and see what they have to say about the issues that are been discussed. ………… You wrote: “that running the most popular and probably the best bot (Tankleader) requires a premium account or gold?” Gold and or Premium is a decision we made from day one. We do not want to hurt the Developers. You wrote: “According to the Tankleader webpage, this bot has about 130k users.” According to the Tankleader page, our community -> thebuddyforum, has 130k registered users, for right now 7 bots that can be discussed about there. And Honorbuddy is the one with probably half of them. And from there on your logic just took the wrong path :/ You wrote: “Why are bots a problem at all, since some seem to play better than your average Joe Tomato?” and then you explained why. However our head developer had over 3k games played, before he started working on Tankleader, and another 2k in process of the development, and i am talking about manual played games. With his expertise the bot has the following target: getting as much XP and Credits as fast as possible. We are not even sure that average Joe will help you in any situation, so there is no difference between him and the bot, except if the bot is in your range, then it will engage to get its kills up, and therefore more XP and Credits. You wrote: “Automated means could work better – for starters a bot memory scan like World of Warcraft has. It works fairly well, despite bots evolving all the time.” You might be misinformed on this one, WOW does not scan Memory, they would be stupid to do so and intrude any personal laws in the EU. WOW scans only the Memory it uses itself. But if you do not inject in a game, there is no injection to be found. …………… SS: There you have it. Now, I don’t mind being wrong or corrected. After all, I am not a programmer. I think it’s actually some pretty interesting stuff. This man confirms the Wargaming version that the “bot plague” might have been a bit overblown, but that does not change the fact that there are currently quite a few bots active – enough to run into one at least two or three times, if you play an entire day (either that, or I was extremely unlucky).

More...