Hello everyone, some of you might remember that before the Waffenträger E-100 tree came out, I kinda wrote about various vehicles of that tree and commented on the fact that Marder III (now Marder 38T) could have the 75mm L/70, because this project is mentioned in one Czech book (Obrněná technika by I.Pejčoch). That however was before we knew for sure that Marder 38T would be the mid-gun variant (Ausf.H) and not the rear-gun variant (Ausf.M). The basic issue with Marder III with the L/70 gun was the weight distribution obviously – the gun was pretty long after all. I was almost sure that the L/70 variant was based on Ausf.H somehow and with the introduction of 38T into the game, the question kinda lost its importance. Still, it’s an interesting project and I managed to find a photo (not sure how I missed it in first place anyway): The description says that it’s a project of a tank destroyer, based on the Panzer 38(t) Ausf.A hull with the KwK 42 gun. No more details are known unfortunately at this point, but I am in the process of getting them, I will publish it when I know something more. At least we know a mock-up was made. Source: Francev – Československá obrněná vozidla

More...