Hello everyone, Dr.Pikouz, the author of the Batchat 25t pictures, brought us a few more photos – this time of the AMX-30 first series version, that is to appear as tier 10 French medium tank at some point in the future. Note that it’s not the well-known AMX-30B. Dr.Pikouz: I found what is, according to France_AFVs, the first of the pre-production models by GIAT Industries. Turret is made by CAFL, which is not, as I thought first, Fives-Lilles, but Compagnie des Ateliers Forges de la Loire. Never mind. It bears serial number n°7. Note that, afterwards, AMX-30 turrets will be made by ARE (Roanne Factory), I remember. Not absolutely sure about this though. For the sake of comparison, the first 5 pictures are from an AMX-30B, 20 mm autocanon model. The AMX-30A that interests us is the green-rust one. Also, you will find other pics of an AMX-30B mixed with those of the proto, to highlight what I found to be noticeable differences, ie.: - exhausts - gun mantlet - external storage compartments - rangefinders - spare tracks fixation - headlights - driver’s optics - some stuff on the turret roof - and surely many other things that would require a more detailed comparison This “reference” AMX-30B is the white-yellow one. All the internal pics are from the prototype. Also, sadly, the commander’s cupola of the proto is missing. AMX-30B: AMX-30A:

More...