For the Record: EU Q&A
so, today (or yesterday), a new batch of EU Q&A was open - you know, the thread where you can ask the developers anything and after 4 weeks or so, you get answers for about 5 percent of them. I saw the questions and I was like... "damn, I think I know what SerB will answer to this!"
So, let's play a little game.
I'm gonna answer the questions EU players asked right here and right now. When there are official answers from developers, we can compare it and we'll see how accurate I was. I am willing to bet I won't be far from the truth, given the fact that the answers usually don't differ from the one on RU server.
And yea, I know the system is crappy, but it's all the EU server has. I have the feeling Overlord is working on something better for the EU, but could be just a hunch. So, let's get to it.
Izroda: When will the test server for next patch be up and when can we expect 0.85 to go live?
Answer: Devs will NEVER give you an exact date when the live patch is scheduled. Best guess? Test begins on monday/tuesday and will last two weeks. You won't get the official answers till then most likely.
Whiskey_CZ: Do you plan add to German tech tree more moder tanks? (1945 up)
Now in German tree are only tanks of WW2, in 8.5 we will see first tanks after war in their tree (Indien-panzer, Leopard I,...). You said that you had vehicles for 4 TD line, will be in one of line "Kanonenjagdpanzer"?
Answer: This was actually asked on the RU server several times. The reason why Kanonenjagdpanzer was not introduced is that while it is a late design (1960), its quality doesn't reflect that. It's a tier 6 material at best and that tier is mostly occupied by mid-war vehicles. That's why it's difficult to implement. My guess? There is a small chance it will appear as a premium vehicle, but the general answer is "no".
Yannik1904: Will the "Sturmtiger" be introduced into the game?If yes,when?
Answer: Yes, 2014
1.When will you add tier X artillerys to the game?
2. Why have differents tanks with the same caliber of their weapon different shot sounds ( SU-8 152mm----SU-152 152 mm)?
3. When will the maps "Komarin" and "Swamp" come back to randoms?
4. Are there plans to add british artillerys in the next patches?
5. Could you buff IS-8 cause its frontal armor is rubbish in contrast to other Tier IX heavys. In reallife he had 240 mm I think
1. KTTS ("when it's done it's done") (SS: 0.8.6)
2. Because in real life the guns shot different shells
3. KTTS (SS: was scheduled for 0.8.5, was missing from the preliminary patchnotes, so either 0.8.5, or 0.8.6)
4. Yes, 0.8.6
5. WG buffs vehicles as needed.
R4F431: Do you plan on adding bullet drop the players them self must compensate for? because then it will make firing gold shells, or expenisve shells in general a little bit more unsure.
Answer: No, if WG wanted to have that, they would have done that from the beginning. Besides, it would be pointless and confusing.
principat121: Do you plan to modernize the UI in the garage?!
- for example the functions for sorting tanks are worth to reworking! Because when you have a really lot of tanks then non of the existing mechanism is usefull
- or puting whole crews in and from tanks could be intruduced (yes, there are mods, but officially...)
- something I have forgotten
Answer: The vehicle selection and filter interface will undergo an overhaul, it is planned.
builder396: When can we expect independent wheel suspensions to be added, and will this change be only optical or will it actually include driving performance?
Answer: With the introduction of Havok, KTTS (SS: the independent suspension is internally tested at this moment. Wargaming will never tell when exactly is it coming, but rough estimate is Fall 2013)
Smederevac94: Hi WG, 1.Do you have any plans for Tiger 2 speed in the future, because it is little a 28 km I think hi deserve 32 or 35 km. 2.Do you have any plans for E-100 gun (150cm) in the future, because 15 cm gun has the worst penetration 176-294 that is so little.
Answer: We buff vehicles as needed
IgnacM991: 1. Are you going to seriously rebalance and remodel the artillery's role on the battlefield? If yes, then when? SPGs are successfully killing the game on higher tiers ATM! You may have your stats, but it's fun what really matters and even 3 high-tiered SPGs can make a match awful for slower, bigger tanks.
Answer: The number of artillery in high tier battles should drop with the introduction of tier 10 arty.
Dead3yez: Will there be a second US medium line? What characteristics will this medium line have that separate it from the existing US mediums? Is there also going to be a new US medium premium tank available to buy? When can we expect new US mediums?
Answer: Possible, wait for the announcement (SS: WG will not tell you such things in advance, but I think we might see two more American branches at some point: the Yoh heavy branch and the T95 medium branch, which most likely won't have any really special traits)
Rongkong: Can we expect updated engine-sounds in the near future or do we have to rely on Gnomefather's mod? The actual ones are quite lame compared to the real world sound and i expect the Leo 1 to have an very inapropriat sound as well.
Answer: Okay, here I am not sure how exactly will Wargaming answer. On Russion forum, the question was answered so that the devs are happy with the current sounds and that finding realistic sounds of tank engines is extremely difficult, as very few are in running condition. Possible, in distant future.
Psysiphos: do you consider adding more expensive premium ammo that has far higher damage AND penetration?
Answer: If needed (SS: this sort of questions is typically either not answered at all, or with "po neobchodimosti" = as needed)
sparkase: When can we expect to get the Churchill AVRE ?
Answer: This won't get answered - and if it does, then by KTTS, or 2014
Elmis66: According to tech tree on webside there's going to be second soviet medium tanks branch. What patch are they planned for and what will differ them from existing ones?
Answer: Wait for the announcement (SS: possibly 0.8.7 or 0.8.8, not sure, but they sure as hell won't tell)
So, let's see how close I get :)
Just a few tips in case you guys missed that:
- never ask devs about when exactly will there something be, they won't answer
- don't bother asking for buffs and nerfs, the answer will be always "as needed", if there is any answer at all
- don't bother making suggestions about mechanics/physics, anything you propose was already proposed ten times over on RU forum (trust me, that's true)
- don't bother making any suggestions that would complicate the game (clutch, shell drop etc.) - if the devs wanted something as fundamental, they would have implemented this in the beginning
If you want to find out, when something will be introduced, ask like this: "Is there a chance that XXXXX might appear in 2013?"