Hello everyone, thanks to elwiscomeback555 for linking this to me. What follows is another interview with V.Kislyi (WG CEO), that took place during the WGL finals in Warsaw, this time with a Polish presenter MrOmen. It’s slightly more interesting than other interviews because of one thing: Wargaming’s attitude to EU tree. Check this out. * * The question about Polish tanks (and EU tree) came first (as you can see, Polish players do put an emphasis on that) and: “I know we promised and – including myself – we were talking about Polish tanks and European kinda tree, well, the reality is that we, well, you have to understand, we had to release the British, Japanese and Chinese tanks before, because, you know, those were big nations, which were fighting with those tanks and then, you know, we keep getting new and new players, 80 million, eight zero million registered users we have today and they want so many other things. Let’s be honest to ourselves, adding another European tree will not add much of the variety. Of course, tanks will be little bit different, but when we had a choice, you know, historical battles, new physics, experiments with new gameplay modes and our resources, are not, you know, unlimited, we had to make hard choices. Until the end of this year, we have so many plans, probably we aren’t going to do EU tree in this year. We will make it some time in the future, but not during this year.” Well, there you have it. The info is not new (we knew EU tree wouldn’t come this year), but you can see Wargaming slowly retreating from the EU tree and… that’s not a good thing. Tons of Polish, Czechoslovak, Italian, Swedish etc. players are waiting for it and that’s why this topic deserves a bit more attention and I will be dealing with that in a couple of future articles. Note one odd thing: apparently, adding EU tanks is in conflict with Havok and HB according to V.Kislyi – so, programmers are now doing historical research and creating models? He probably meant HD rework. Other info from the interview: - no special rewards for hardcore players are planned (best of the best should go to e-sports and win real money) - WG fill focus on CW and e-sports (CW – more casual version will be the fortifications) - tactical tablet for CW is planned (SS: a map where commander can draw tactics and such) - bitcoin support not planned - WOWS: 10-15 min battles, has to be spectacular, it’s possible that WOWS beta will be until the end of this year - all models in WoT will be reworked to HD, hopefully until the end of the year (SS: not really) - Sturmtiger: maybe it will appear, but not high priority - people loved the Karl mode - Type 59 won’t go back in shop (will be kept as special prize)

More...