Well… I’ll be brief. I downloaded the patch 9.0 and installed it just like everyone else. My computer is not good, but it’s also not utter crap. Previously, I ran WoT on medium terrain setting, high model setting, shadows turned off, medium lighting, medium post processing and all that. My FPS was between 30-50, depended on the map. Map loading was quite comfortable (apart from the winter Himmelsdorf and Windstorm, those loaded very long for some reason). Without even trying historical battles, I went straight for random with my old settings in place – and the result? The game was completely unplayable for me. Same settings – 10-15 FPS. Absolute nightmare. This shit wasn’t there on the test, first test worked just fine for me at least… And to top it off, the battle (Himmelsdorf) loaded TWO FUCKING MINUTES. Same settings, mind you – earlier, 10-15 seconds, now two minutes. Very skill, many programming, wow. Alright then, out of battle and change settings. - textures: medium (I refuse to play on “low”, fuck that shit, played on “high” before) - pretty much everything changed to low or off Another battle, new Pearl River. This time, map loads significantly faster (15 seconds or so). 15-30 FPS (VERY fluctuating, depending on what goes on the screen), but what is worse, everytime I switch to sniper mode, there is a 0,5-1s “lag” where the computer loads something from the HD. This used to be a problem for me until it was fixed like half a year ago, not sure by what, but it’s back. Another issue, even with low post-processing (or that thingie that according to the tooltip controls the smoke quality), artillery explosions cause MASSIVE FPS drop for me (to 5 FPS or so). Result: the game is completely unplayable for me. Sure, I could (again, after a year and something) return to the old render (not sure it would even help, the improved render gave me more FPS), but… no. I’ve had it. The game is laggy as fuck (normal on patch day, but it was laggy even before today) and now that the FPS is gone as well without making the game look like shit, there is no real reason for me to stay, especially when Elder Scrolls on my computer run smoothly on medium/high details, without the game looking like something from 2001. Sorry, that’s it. I am quitting WoT.

More...