For the Record: 31.3.2013
Overlord on the recent EU supertester sacking:
Well, it was a tough decision. Many suffered because of few. Personally I have always been for EU/NA supertest, but things have gone out of hand recently. On RU side things are much smoother.
- there are vehicles (guns) that have the strange property that when you aim them at the enemy, the aim circle doesn't immediately start shrinking. This means that the gun is so inaccurate the aim circle was actually bigger than the screen
- Storm regarding the IS-7 speed buff: "dynamics will remain the same"
- there will be some vehicle based on the 38t suspension introduced into the game
- it's possible we'll get a Waffentrager German TD branch
- Leopard 1 will have a historical crew composition
- there will be no dynamic tank names apparently
- SerB on interenet tough guys who wanted to play tough, threatening him on internet: "They are very tough on the internet, but meek during personal meeting"
- Char B1 is doing fine statistically
- SerB regarding new premium vehicles: "There will be such premiums as we consider necessery. Wait for announcements"
- regarding the British turret TD branch: "Wait for announcements"
- "Official WG efficiency rating?" "Yes - that's the winrate, because the point of the game is to win."
- the 3-man platoons and companies confirmed to be available without premium account in 8.5
- another arty hardcap (3 arty per battle) is not planned, "wait for the tier 10 arty"
- there will be an SMS confirmation for phones linked to accounts about password change
- there is a MM mechanism, that balances the times when you play (tier-wise) as the top team player and as the bottom one
- AMX-13/105 is not implemented because it has too advanced rangefinder and electronics
- tank "aging" will not be implemented (SS: as in - a tank with 50 battles gets faded paint, with 500 gets rusty etc.) - "too much work for questionable profit"
- free XP won't be convertible to credits
- arty is not going to lose the green line in satellite mode
- Russian D-25T won't get heat shells
- Jumbo Sherman won't get the 90mm M3 gun
- IS-3 and Panzer V/IV - fixed in 8.5 are minor
- 8.5 test? "when it's done it's done"
- future tank branches will not be announced in advance, because people would whine when the patches don't come on time. Writing that the schedule is just an estimate would not help, people would still whine.
- US light tank branch re-work? "wait for announcements"
- the RU251 light tank is not yet configured properly for supertest
- Ratte will not appear in the game even as a decoration
- what is the role of AMX40? "thick-armored light tank"