Source: http://world-of-kwg.livejournal.com/287808.html Hello everyone, Storm posted today a post about the CPU “multicore” thingie in 9.0. He states that in 9.0, they added an interesting feature: switching the load on the core, that is not running the system. On the core where the system works, the graphic driver is also working. According to Storm, separating the system load and game load on can give in many cases a good increase in game performance (which many players noticed in 9.0). Storm however adds that unfortunately, this doesn’t work every time and in some cases, it can actually lower the performance, adding freezes and FPS drops. Storm suggests that if you have this kind of problem, you can disable the multicore support option. He also describes how to do it – it’s identical to the way that was already published (so if you want to do that, follow the procedure, written in the linked post). Storm is also asking, whether this solution help you or not. To this end, he added a poll to his post. As of 1:29 AM, 19.4.2014, the results of the poll was following: Tried – it did help with FPS drops and freezes: 9,7 percent Tried – it didn’t help with FPS, but it removed freezes: 12,1 percent Tried – nothing happened: 22,4 percent Tried – but it actually reduced my FPS and made freezes worse: 9,7 percent Didn’t try – I am satisfied with my performance: 21,7 percent Didn’t try – can’t be arsed: 24,5 percent From the discussion: - Storm states that making this selection as a setting in the settings window is not an option, the needed solution is for the system to enable/disable this automatically and half of players don’t visit settings anyway - furthermore (related to the above), this setting can actually hurt performance, so it’s better not to add it - there will be a programming (SS: shader) fix for the “tanks are too bright” bug for the improved render, old render will be fixed by adding (old?) shaded textures (SS: if I understand it correctly, no promises) - in 9.0, minimal setting textures look even uglier than before (SS: worse resolution?), this is intentional in order to save FPS on very weak computers - the performance increase in 9.0 test 1 (and later drop in test 2) was caused by the fact that in test 1, shadows were not rendered correctly, this was later fixed - Storm confirms that disabling the multicore option (as mentioned in this post) will not fix the crash bug

More...