This is part 2, the first post is here. Cromwell I am not sure about this, but if I recall correctly, Cromwells of various types, originally from the British forces in Africa, were captured by the Israelis from the Egyptians, who used them. Renault R-35 These pre-war tanks were left in Lebanon by the French army and were used by the Syrian forces during the Independence war in 1948. During the war, they were captured by the Israelis. Hotchkiss H-39 Same thing as with the Renault – left by the French in Lebanon and used by the Syrian army. Also captured during the fighting in what is now northern Israel. Mk.VIb Light Tank These obsolete light tanks were left by the British in Egypt and used by the Egyptian army in 1948. Several were captured by the Israelis. M4A3 Sherman with 105mm howitzer These tanks were amongst the first tanks ever acquired by the newly born state of Israel. They were salvaged from a scrapyard in Italy without functioning guns, then refitted with 75mm Krupp guns and then back to their 105mm howitzers. Fought in the Independence War. AMX-13 M51 Super Sherman with 105mm CN Panzer 61 A Swiss design, somewhat similiar to the Leopard. Never served in Israel. Chieftain Mk.3 M551 Sheridan M41A3 Walker Bulldog Coming soon to WoT :) M24 Chaffee Matilda Mk.II M5A1 Stuart Churchill VII (I think?) M3 Lee Two variants – not sure what that thing on the gun is, it’s not a muzzle brake… To be continued…

More...