Source: http://world-of-kwg.livejournal.com/289014.html Hello everyone, Storm made another post about the issues, that came with 9.0. Currently, he is dealing with FPS drops and states that WG does not enough data on this issue. He states that the developers checked dozens of various configurations, reported as problematic, but couldn’t find any critical FPS drops, mentioned in reports coming from the players. If you have critical performance drop issue, that means for example that the FPS dropped to like 10 and reducing settings doesn’t help, while before, you had nice 30-40 FPS, Storm asks that you - make a dxdiag log - make screenshots of game and graphics settings - describe the problems (like “in 8.11, I had X FPS on settings Y, in 9.0 my FPS dropped to Z, reducing settings doesn’t help, it’s impossible to play”) - upload and write this into a FTR comment under this article (or, alternatively, if you speak Russian, post it under the original article, linked above) Storm also said that WG found a solution for the game crash issue and some of the freezes and there are also good advances in fixing the issue, where you have a noticeable freeze (lag) whenever an enemy tank gets destroyed. Developers are also working on fixing the “enableCPU” thingie (the one that spreads the load on multiple cores) on some configuration. Storm also adds that the bug where FPS drops (game “lags”) whenever you switch to sniper mode has been confirmed, but it’s not easily fixed and in order to get rid of it, terrain render has to be fixed and that’s not something that goes fast. Developers are working on it right now. From the discussion: - crash fix will come relatively soon - currently, developers are dealing only with “FPS dropped so much I can’t play at all” issues, fixing other FPS drop will come later - Storm states that the developers cannot confirm that for some players, the FPS dropped so significantly they can’t play, although the players are talking about it a lot on the forums - developers are also considering the option that those, who complain about this issue, have computers filled with dust and ridden with malware - developers didn’t know about the “eternal garage update” (SS: I think that’s that) bug, it apparently happens when you try to switch clusters. Now they do. - explosions with turret ripping off (ammo rack) will also get a fix, with strong optimization of the effect - Storm admits that Windstorm has much longer loading time than other maps, it’s because there are many unique resources - graphic rollback to 8.11 is impossible - unfortunately it’s not possible to release an 8.11-level graphics client separately, that would double the testing time of patches (SS: ….because that would be SOOOOO terrible) - sound positioning (SS: tank explodes in the distance and it sounds like it did next to you) will also be fixed - FPS doesn’t depend on whether you are using SSD or not, but resource loading lags might - from 9.0 on, improved render cannot be enabled on Radeon graphic cards up to 4000 series, Nvidia cards up to 8000 series and most Intel graphic cards, this is because these cards do not support the new texture format

More...