Got any thoughts about 1.3 World of Warplanes update? Share them with Overlord - Q: “Why do I, whenever I switch the gun, have the gold ammo switched from purchase for credits to purchase for gold? WG wants to cheat people?” A (Storm): “Definitely, that’s why it was specifically implemented. When I go to sleep, I think about how to silently steal gold from people. And I am giggling nastily.” - FV4202 replaced by another vehicle? “No comment until new vehicles are officially announced” - in the future, many more HD tanks per patch will come, right now, developers are working on the mass production mechanism - there will be no option to switch from new autoaim to the old one - the new autoaim target is defined as “the point in the middle between the place where turret is attached to the tank and the center of the tank bottom” - Storm on why the repairs and ammo are not for free in training rooms: “For us it is not very profitable, when players spend a lot of time in training rooms. Therefore this works as a limiting factor of sorts.” - apparently, in historical battles, some tanks do have (visual) camouflage and some don’t (like the T-34 on Erlenberg map). This is intentional. - T-34-3 is fine statistically - special visibility checks (on tanks) happen when a) tank shoots b) tank starts moving c) tank stops moving - Storm states that disabling triple buffer has only effect on minilags and maybe a tiny bit on FPS - Storm states that the FPS drops are not caused by one big issue, but s lot of small ones (as in, for example unoptimized sound plus unoptimized render) - developers are also checking the sound system of the game for optimization - according to Storm, sound engine doesn’t work on different thread, it is one of the first candidates for “transfer” to other threads - in 9.0, the graphic autosetting mechanism was completely reworked, that’s why it detects and sets different levels of settings than in 8.11, it utilizes a sort of “minibenchmark”, that’s why it sometimes “lags”, earlier, it did set the settings simply based on the computer parameters - Marder and other lowtier tanks will appear in Kursk, once the developers implement separate tank statistics for historical battles - Storm confirms: 9.1 will bring new game mode for clans (SS: “Stronghold”) - there will be no new tanks in 9.1, not even premiums - tier 8 Soviet medium prem is not on supertest yet - the 10 worst maps will not be removed for now - client tournament interface and Team Battles 2.0 will come this year - developers are still thinking how to deal with gold ammo: Storm confirms that the availability/properties of gold ammo do influence that tank balance, the question is very complicated

More...