Hello everyone, I am sure you can imagine that Wargaming success with World of Tanks drew a lot of “flies to the cowpie”, so to say. Here and there, games “inspired by” World of Tanks (or even outright clones) appeared. The biggest of them is… what, War Thunder? Nope. It’s Ground War: Tanks. If you are now starting to think “oh, I gotta check it out”, don’t bother. It’s a browser-based game and it looks ugly as all hell. It was created by Mail.Ru, one of the premiere Russian software companies with huge revenue. Anyway, the point of this article is something else – check this out, this is a “poster” of their recent promotion: Two interesting things there. First is the E-90, which is an ancient fake, coming from one alternate history design. I wish people stopped spreading this shit – it pops every now and then. There was never a “Henschel” (Tiger II-looking) turret for the E-100 hull, it’s a fake. But whatever, I guess these Russians don’t bother with historicity. They don’t bother apparently with copyright either – VK7201. Yep, that’s a Wargaming invention. Yesterday, Yuri Pasholok posted an amused thread on LJ community, pointing that out. It’s not the first time Mail.Ru used WG stuff either, last time, it was the Jagdpanzer E-100 model (that was apparently settled out of court by Mail.Ru removing the model). Looks like another job for SerB’s black helicopters lawyers then…

More...