Hello everyone, you know what always surprises me? Bad apples in good clans. Let me tell you how I mean that. I guess we all can agree that in World of Tanks, I am an average player – but it wasn’t always so. In other games, such as WoW, I used to be pretty good and that allowed me to “peek” into what – and more importantly, how elite guilds – or in this case, clans – think. And yea, there’s of course the stint with R1SE and all that. You know, I get it to a point. This is a competitive game (at least from certain level on). In order to succeed, you do need a healthy dose of aggression – no room for the meek on the top! That was always true everywhere and always will be. I myself had pretty nasty rages from time to time, calling people morons and fuckers for doing something extraordinarily stupid, getting me killed etc. What I never understood is the way that this aggression gets twisted in some people and that their clans tollerate these twists. Take ABSOLUT PANSAR [A-P]. Well-known clan, good reputation (well, I think at least), good players. And yet… ….a retard and a teamkiller to boot. And this is a fucking RECRUITER for the clan, not just some random guy. Bravo, A-P. I always somehow thought that the higher on the ladder you go, you get more aggressive players, yes, but you also get “professionals” with a corresponding attitude – you know, cool guys above the idiocy of some random games. Not nazis, teamkillers and morons. Sure, you might say, he got “provoked” (however subjective that might be) – but ask yourself, does any sort of noobishness from your team (and yes, I fully admit there are some very special kinds of people in random battles) justify such a fit? I don’t think so. I don’t know. I discontinued the Hall of Shame, but perhaps I should start a special category, like Jingles’ “wanker of the week” – “morons of the month” or something.

More...