Hello everyone, two or three days ago, I was trying out some settings in World of Tanks and was playing the (loved by some, hated by others) Komarin map, when I became the victim of the infamous misfire bug. I am pretty sure it happened to many of you as well (at least judging by the amount of screenshots and videos with this bug). Basically, what happens: the aiming reticle you generally see in the game is a client-side reticle and I am quite sure 99,9 percent of players use that option (before you say “not true” – consider that people who read (and comment) on FTR are the players, who know most about World of Tanks). There is an option to turn on the server aim circle – while the usual aim circle is based on what is on your client, the serverside transfers the data “what the server sees” to your client at the price of higher traffic (according to some older statement from one of the developers, this cannot be turned on en-masse, because it would cause too much issues/traffic/extra work/whatever). Sometimes, the client aim circle is drastically different from the server aim circle and the following happens: As you can see, the shot goes way beyond the boundaries of the aim circle, despite the (client) aim circle being firmly locked at the enemy target. The replay can be downloaded here (happens at 2:22 left). This bug occurs when you quickly move your turret or hull or the aim shift changes from close object to a distant one – at least that’s the theory. A strong desynchronization occurs between the two aiming circles. I am not aware of any official Wargaming stance towards this bug (whether it actually is considered a bug at all), but this is possibly one of the most annoying bugs in the game. Technically, the game does exactly what it should – fires the round within the (server) aim circle. The fact the circle is so big however remains hidden to most players, who then see such weird effects and misfires. I sure hope this issue gets fixed. No idea how though.

More...