Hello everyone, as you know, I am not exactly a fan of the way Wargaming EU operates – and that’s to put it mildly. One of the things I find the most annoying is their attitude towards new information coming from the Russian side and the active denial position they take in order to stop EU players from knowing what’s coming. And things ARE coming, just you wait. Let me start with a short story, as it was told to me by my grandfather, just like his grandfather told him Omggamer, a Russian community member and blogger. Once upon a time, there was a Livejournal community called world-of-ru (it still exists of course). Russian users for some reason I don’t understand are very fond of the Livejournal platform – it is available in English as well, but a lot of various WoT-related things are built around LJ. This community is also referred to as “Ponyusha”, because they have the “My Little Pony” ponies as mascots. Basically, what happened – this community concentrates some of the best and most skilled people from the Russian side of World of Tanks and despite the entire community is rude as fuck (including rudeness towards developers), it’s well regarded and I have to admit that whenever I read something there, I automatically put a higher value on it than any threads on EU forums for example. I think it was Slava Makarov (WG producer) that took part in the community as well. At one point there was an attempt to create another LJ community without that rudeness (IIRC by Slava Makarov), resulting in a failure (there is a “ghost” community called world-of-tanks, which sometimes contains also some interesting info, but is much emptier than world-of-ru). As a side result of this initiative to “clean up”, a third LJ community was made exclusively for developers and other developers to post. This is the “world-of-kwg” community and the posters there include Storm (“kruta”), SerB (serb_2), Slava Makarov, occasionally Overlord, Yuri Pasholok and several other posters, all of them reasonable and “big” names in the community. It is from this LJ community (and from world-of-ru) most of the info on FTR comes these days, as the original QA thread FTR started with is practically dead (there are very rarely any new answers). Either way, the KWG community (the name itself is a sort of joke) info is in Russian community taken as official (Edrard regularily uses it for wot-news as well) and it’s exactly what is missing from World of Tanks EU ever since Overlord went away to work on mobile games: a direct interaction with the developers. You post something (in Russian, of course, other languages are frowned upon) under Storm’s post and if it’s something sensible/interesting and if it’s not rude, chances are, Storm will answer you. Anyway, why I am writing all this: KWG is a channell, through which we get official info. No speculations, no bullshit, but official stuff – when Storm posts patchnotes for a patch, that just arrives on supertest, he openly says that this is NOT the final version of the patch (some things might be added or removed, as they were in the past), but it contains things that the developers DO want and they WILL happen in one form or another. And this is apparently what WG EU has hard time understanding. I understand, I gotta use small words, but still, it’s not that hard to grasp. Take the case today. Yesterday, I translated the 9.1 supertest patchnotes from this KWG thread. Obviously, some parts of the patchnotes are interesting more than others, such as the Tiger and Hellcat nerfs. Immediately, posts appeared on WG EU forums, discussing it. And what does Wargaming EU do? Yea, they deny it. And then they lock and junk the thread the next day. All that because it’s allegedly based on “unofficial information”. You know, I get it. Either you WG EU guys are not important enough to be told in advance that such a developers post is coming, or maybe you are lazy as fuck and can’t be arsed looking for it and translating it (that’s why FTR exists after all – you created it by your CBA attitude as much as I did). But if someone like me CAN be arsed to post such info, you go lock and junk it? Not official for you? It was written by a chief developer of World of Tanks on a developer blog, how more official do you want it? Morons. And while I am at it, guess what: You actively lock WG EU threads with FTR links, because “it’s not purpose of your forum to send people to some other sites” – isn’t it? That’s all you are good for apparently. That and making expensive but lame videos. Stop denying people the amounts of information Russian players are getting. Meh. Next time someone calls me a fucking WG fanboy, I’m gonna link them this post. I recognize the things WG really did right, but I do recognize the failures and blatant incompetence as well. Make no mistake – the game concept is great, but for heavens’ sake, don’t “fix” things that work, like the 9.0 patch… I was happy in my 8.11 client :(

More...